Double Dose English Toffee
Typical English toffee is topped with a flurry of chopped nuts, but for an extra boost of decadence, this Double Dose English Toffee was gilded with chopped Heath bars!
Double Dose English Toffee
English toffee is one of the most beloved confections that I share over the holidays. At the last minute I decided to whip up some for a Christmas luncheon with friends; and instead of topping with chopped pecans, I went another route and added Heath bar chunks for this Double Dose English Toffee.
Why didn’t I think of this before??? A double dose of toffee is a double dose of deliciousness….and my girlfriends agreed.
Tips for Making a Perfect English Toffee Recipe
This is the English toffee recipe I’ve been making for years. It took me many attempts over the years to find the right recipe, the right peak temperature, and the right technique. I have a few tips for making the perfect toffee on a previous post featuring the classic version.
- PRO-Tip: Unless you are a master candy maker, a candy thermometer is imperative. And this recipe takes some patience…don’t be tempted to crank up the heat at the end to hurry things along. Slow and steady is the key to success.
- PRO-Tip: Adding corn syrup prevents the sugar in the candy from recrystallizing, which will make your toffee gritty. Corn syrup has gotten a bad rap over the past few years, but it will save you a lot of angst when making toffee!
One friend gave me the ultimate compliment when a bowl of my toffee was passed around the after lunch. Her mom made toffee each year at the holidays…and mine was the only other toffee she’d tasted that rivaled her dear mother’s version. I think you’ll find it amazing, too.
You may need these supplies to make this English toffee recipe:
More Candy Recipes You’ll Love:
- English Toffee Bars from Gimme Some Oven
- Saltine Toffee from Serena Bakes Simply from Scratch
- Easy Homemade Toffee from Damn Delicious
- No-Fail Fudge
- Swirled Peppermint Bark
- Oreo White Chocolate Fudge
- Soft Chewy Caramels
- Rolo Pretzel Bites
- White Chocolate Bark
- Easy Pumpkin Fudge
- Holiday Recipes
- 20+ Best Holiday Recipes
Double Dose English Toffee Recipe
Classic English toffee kicked up a notch with a topping of chopped Heath bars
- 1 cup chopped Heath bars
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- Cover large baking sheet with silpat or lightly grease with Pam.
- Cut butter into pieces and mix with sugar, corn syrup and water. Bring to boil over medium high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Insert candy thermometer and allow to boil, stirring occasionally, until liquid turns amber and temperature reaches 290º. Remove from heat immediately and add vanilla. Stir to combine and pour onto prepared sheet. Use offset spatula to spread over surface.
- Allow to cool about a minute, then sprinkle with chocolate. Allow heat to melt chocolate, then smooth out with spatula. Sprinkle with Heath bar chunks and gently pat down so candy adhere to chocolate. Chill for 2 hours, then break into small pieces. Store in refrigerator.
Serving Size:1 ounce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
47 Comments on “Double Dose English Toffee”
Thank you so much for this amazing and really delicious recipe! It’s super easy to make! Will surely have this again, Highly recommended!
Yes to double toffee! I’m pinning so that I can make this as soon as my pesky flu is gone!
oh Liz you are a genius! toffee is one of my very favorite things, why have I not thought of DOUBLE toffee before?!?!? 🙂 Happy New Year!
I wouldn’t mind having some of these right now. I’ve pinned and can’t wait to try it.
These little toffees would just disappear in my house… love them. : )
A homemade heath bar with pieces of heath bars cooked into them? You’re killing Liz! Heath bars are my most favorite candy bars so this recipe is over the top. I’ll be dreaming about these tonight!
I could never say no to double toffee, I love this!