Easy Rolo Pretzel Bites
When you need a last-minute treat or gift or a fun kitchen project with your kids, these super simple, sweet, and salty Easy Rolo Pretzel Bites are the answer!
Rolo Pretzels can be made in mere minutes making them great for the busy holidays!
Why You Must Make
- They only take minutes to make and there’s a variation for every palate.
- This recipe had just THREE ingredients!
- By switching out the M&M colors, they can be made for any holiday.
- Or add a pecan half instead of the M&M for an Easy Pecan Turtle Recipe.
- Pretzels – Use Snaps, the square pretzel shape. Small pretzel knots will also work if you can’t find snaps.
- Rolo Candies – These round chocolates filled with caramel are the perfect size to top the pretzels. You can also use Hershey’s Hugs or Kisses, Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups or Chocolate or Vanilla candy melts.
- M&Ms – Red and Green candies make these perfect for Christmas. If you’d like turtle pretzel bites, add pecan halves instead.
How to Make
- It’s hard to even call this a recipe. First, place the pretzels on a sheet pan.
- Top them with the chocolate candy of choice. Rolos are my favorite.
- Bake in a low-temperature oven until the chocolate softens.
- Remove from the oven and carefully press an M&M into each Rolo.
Frequently Asked Questions
Rolos are roll-styled chocolate candies filled with caramel that are made by The Hershey Company.
Yes, these pretzel bites stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. Occasionally the chocolate will bloom or get a white or gray coating due to the chocolate being heated. This is normal and harmless. To avoid this possibility, just make them a day ahead of time.
They can also be kept in the refrigerator to extend their lifespan.
Yes, freeze first these pretzel bites in a single layer on a sheet pan, then place them in an airtight container. They’ll last 2-3 months in the freezer.
Besides Rolos, other small chocolate candies like Miniature Reeses Cups, Hershey’s Kisses, or Hershey’s Hugs can be used. PRO-Tip: Adding a pecan half instead of an M&M will make Rolo Turtles!
You May Also Like:
- Christmas Oreos from Lil’ Luna
- Homemade Kahlua
- Homemade Vanilla Extract
- Mini Pumpkin Breads
- Microwave Caramel Sauce
- Plus more Food Gift Recipes
Stay in touch through social media @ Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Don’t forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes! And if you love the results, please give it a 5-star rating in the recipe card. Note: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Visit my Amazon Store for my favorite products.
- 70 pretzels, square, waffle shaped
- 70 chocolate-covered caramel candies, Rolo Candies
- 70 M & M's candies, holiday colors
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place pretzels in a single layer on a half sheet pan. Top each pretzel with one Rolo candy.
- Bake for about 3 minutes or until you see the chocolate starting to melt.
- Remove from the oven and place one M&M on top of each Rolo, pressing very gently to make sure it adheres. Cool completely, then store or package for gifting.
These look best the day they are made. Chocolate may start to bloom, or get a whitish coating, over time due to the heating process. They will still taste delicious for days!
To hurry the setting process, you can put the sheet pan in the refrigerator until the chocolate solidifies.
Try Hershey's Hugs or Kisses or Mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups instead of Rolos for another version.
Serving Size:4 pretzels
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g