Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. I earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links. This helps me keep my kitchen stocked with butter and chocolate!
Easy Pot Roast
The aroma of slow cooked beef, red wine and herbs can brighten up even the dreariest day. This easy pot roast only requires a brief browning on the stove top before the majority of the ingredients are added to the pot. A few hours in the oven and dinner is served with very little hands on time. I added some carrots and new potatoes to the mix during the last hour of cooking so they can cook up in the flavorful juices.
Pomì organic tomatoes for the perfect pot roast!
If you’re like me, you want to feed your family only the healthiest ingredients. Organic, BPA free, grass fed are all labels I look for when grocery shopping. A number of years ago, I learned that Pomì Tomatoes’ unique boxed packaging was BPA free. They quickly became my go-to brand of “canned” tomatoes.
They work perfectly in any recipe that uses tomatoes, like Thyme Kissed Tomato Soup and this easy pot roast. Pomì tomatoes hail from Parma in Italy, and have the fresh flavor of Italian tomatoes. Perfect for any recipe calling for canned tomatoes. I love using them for my salsa and pasta sauces, as well as this easy pot roast. Pomì has just launched their organic line, so look for them in your local markets.
Pomì on Social Media:
A couple of things you might need to make this easy pot roast recipe:Print
Easy Pot Roast
A simple, delicious pot roast recipe where the oven does most of the work!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours 10 mins
- Total Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 3-3 1/2 pound chuck roast, large pieces of fat trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves (you may want to wrap them in cheesecloth for easy retrieval)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 box Pomì Organic Chopped Tomatoes and juice (26.46 ounces)
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, larger ones may be sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 350º. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven. Season the beef with salt and pepper and sear both sides, until well browned. Remove from heat.
- Add beef broth, red wine, cloves, bay leaves, thyme, Pomì tomatoes, and sliced onions. Place lid on Dutch oven and cook for 2 hours.
- Add carrots and potatoes and cook for another hour or until vegetables are tender.
- Shred beef into large chunks, discarding any visible fat. Remove bay leaves and cloves. Serve beef, carrots and potatoes topped with pan juices.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. I earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links at no extra cost to you.