The Best Lemon Bars Recipe
The first time I made this recipe was for a gathering of my volunteer friends. We spend hours and hours cleaning and manning a spectacular home that is decorated to the hilt by Indianapolis’ top interior designers. Needless to say, when the two weeks it’s open to the public comes to a close, we have reason to celebrate. Back in 2010, my co-director and I treated the gals who helped organize and work the events we planned to an evening at a spa. My contribution was a savory appetizer and the best lemon bars!
Lemon Ranks High
There is no doubt that chocolate is the gold standard for decadent desserts at our house. Fruit pies rate near the top, too. Though he snubs lime sweets, the hubby always raves when I whip up a lemon dessert. Lemon bars are about the easiest way to experience the sweet-tart nirvana of a lemon treat! And just to feel virtuous, top each with half a ripe strawberry! Double the fruit for a nice dose of vitamin C. This Best Lemon Bars Recipe is a must make!!!
More Citrus Recipes That Will Make You Smile:
- Chocolate Orange Cinnamon Rolls by Caroline’s Cooking
- Creamy Vanilla-Orange Overnight Oats by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Key Lime Muffins with Key Lime Glaze by Family Around The Table
- Lemon Donut Holes by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread by Pies and Plots
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Muffins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Tiny Batch Blood Orange Marmalade by What Smells So Good?
- 10 Minute Lemon Pasta With Crispy Basil by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Asian Lemon Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Calamansi Shrimp on Couscous by Asian In America
- Citrus Marinated Chicken Thighs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Citrus-Glazed Scallops with Chunky Avocado Salsa by The Weekend Gourmet
- Lemon Lime Shrimp Cocktail w/a Citrus Yogurt Dipping Sauce by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Ricotta Spaghetti with Peas by Cricket’s Confections
- Meyer Lemon Chicken Piccata by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- One Pan Parmesan Lemon Chicken and Asparagus by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orange Beef by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Instant Pot Orange Chicken by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Skillet Roasted Lemon Chicken by My Savory Spoon
- Slow Cooked Orange Chicken Breasts by Simple and Savory
- Thai Lime Basil Chicken Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Banana Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Clementine Pistachio Pomegranate Upside Down Cake by Sunday Supper Movement
- Easy Japanese Lemon Yuzu Bars by The Ninja Baker
- Key Lime Chiffon Pie by Food Done Light
- Lemon & Blueberry Skillet Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lemon Key Lime Layer Snack Cakes by Crazed Mom
- Meyer Lemon Creme Brulee by Soulfully Made
- Pink Grapefruit Meringue Tart by Baking Sense
- Sittin’ On a Sandbar Key Lime Pie by Gourmet Everyday
- Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- The Best Lemon Bars Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Triple Citrus Macaroon Mascarpone Tart by The Crumby Cupcake
- Triple Lemon Poke Cake by Shaken Together
- Homemade Grapefruit Soda by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pineapple Orange Smoothie by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Ruby Red Mimosa by Our Good Life
- Simple Meyer Lemon Margaritas by My Life Cookbook
- Watermelon Limeade by From the Bookshelf
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter cold butter, diced
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons lemon zest
- ½ cup flour, sifted
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh strawberries, cut in half, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with non-stick foil or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the crust ingredients until the butter is in very small pieces . Press into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake about 15 minutes or until the crust just starts to brown.
- To make the filling, whisk together eggs, sugar, lemon juice, zest, flour, and salt. Immediately pour over hot crust when it comes out of the oven.
- Bake for 30-35 more minutes or until topping is firm and lightly browned.
- Cool, then cut a sliver off all sides before sprinkling with powdered sugar and cutting into bars. Garnish with berries if desired.
You Might Want:
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. I earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links. This helps me keep my kitchen stocked with butter and chocolate!