Enjoy this irresistible Strawberry Lemon Tart with Lemon Curd! SO simple to make with a filling of lemon curd and whipped cream!
Lemon desserts rank pretty high on the approved sweets scale and when they’re topped with fresh berries?? Well, you be the judge, but my family inhaled this tart!
Strawberry Lemon Tart
I needed a lovely dessert for the weekend. I was inspired by an incredible photo in Sarabeth’s Bakery.
Since my family loves this Summer Fruit Tart, I knew her jaw-dropping gorgeous Strawberry Lemon Tart would be a hit. The decision was made. There’s something so tempting about a strawberry lemon dessert!
An Easy Citrus Dessert
Unfortunately, the beautiful ripe strawberries I saw on Monday were not at the market on Friday, but still decent enough to give this a shot. I simplified the recipe by using jarred lemon curd. You can certainly use homemade or top with different fruit or berries. This Strawberry Lemon Tart can even be served sans fruit with just a dollop of whipped cream. The filling didn’t set up as firm as I would have liked, so I’ve upped the gelatin amount. Plus, I added some sugar to my whipped cream to take a bit of the pucker out of the filling.
If you want to use a store-bought graham cracker or pastry crust, go for it. Or buy a package of pre-rolled pastry crusts and tuck it into your tart pan, pre-bake according to the product instructions and you’re set!
More Lemon Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
- Creamy Lemon Tart from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fresh Lemon Truffles from The View from Great Island
- Lemon Layer Cake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Outrageous Lemon Lovers Trifle from Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen
- Lemon Curd Mini Cheesecakes from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Lemon Cookie Recipe from Love from the Oven
You may need these supplies to make this strawberry lemon tart recipe:
Crust (You will only use half. Freeze the rest for another tart.):
- 12 tablespoons, butter, cool, not cold, cut into tablespoon pieces
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup homemade or jarred lemon curd
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced and/or cut in half
- 1/3 cup red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons water
- Make crust by beating butter in a stand mixer with paddle attachment for about a minute. Add sugar and beat till light in color, about 3 minutes. Gradually add in eggs and vanilla. Reduce speed to low and add flour and salt. Mix till dough forms and starts to pull away from the bowl.
- Divide the dough in half and flatten each mass into a disk. Wrap both with plastic wrap and freeze one for later use. Refrigerate other for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350º. Roll disk into a ⅛ inch thickness, on flour dusted surface. Fit into 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom. Press dough against sides of pan, then fold excess over top. Using rolling pin, roll over top of tart pan. Excess dough will break away. Prick bottom of tart dough with fork and freeze for 15 minutes. To bake, put a round of parchment over dough and fill with pie weights (or dried beans). Bake 15 minutes. Remove parchment and weights. Bake another 10 minutes. Cool on rack.
- In ramekin, sprinkle gelatin over water. Let absorb for 5 minutes. Bring a ½ inch of water to simmer in a saucepan. Place ramekin in water and stir till gelatin is completely melted, about a minute. Remove ramekin and set aside.
- Put lemon curd into a large bowl. Stir 1 tablespoon of the cream into gelatin. Whip remaining cream till starts to thicken. Slowly pour in gelatin mixture, then whip to soft peaks. Stir about ¼ of cream into lemon curd to lighten. Fold remaining cream into curd till well blended.
- Spread lemon filling into tart shell. Cover with plastic and refigerate at least one hour.
- To make glaze, microwave jelly or jam and water till hot, stir well. If there are solids in the glaze, strain.
- To serve, cut arrange strawberries in concentric circles over filling. Brush with warm glaze and serve.
Adapted from Sarabeth's Bakery
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g