Enjoy this irresistible Strawberry Lemon Tart with Lemon Curd! SO simple to make with a filling of lemon curd and whipped cream!
Lemon desserts rank pretty high on the approved sweets scale and when they’re topped with fresh berries?? Well, you be the judge, but my family inhaled this tart!
Strawberry Lemon Tart
January’s theme for our monthly blog hop is citrus love, and so many ideas swirled through my mind. Quick breads, pies, bars were all viable options, and then I was inspired by an incredible photo in Sarabeth’s Bakery. Her Strawberry Lemon Tart was jaw dropping gorgeous. The decision was made. There’s something so tempting about a strawberry lemon dessert!
Easy Citrus Dessert
Unfortunately, the beautiful ripe strawberries I saw on Monday were not at the market on Friday, but still decent enough to give this a shot. I simplified the recipe by using jarred lemon curd. You can certainly use homemade or top with different fruit or berries. This Strawberry Lemon Tart can even be served sans fruit with just a dollop of whipped cream. The filling didn’t set up as firm as I would have liked, so I’ve upped the gelatin amount. Plus, I added some sugar to my whipped cream to take a bit of the pucker out of the filling.
More Lemon Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
- Creamy Lemon Tart from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fresh Lemon Truffles from The View from Great Island
- Lemon Layer Cake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Outrageous Lemon Lovers Trifle from Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen
- Lemon Curd Mini Cheesecakes from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Lemon Cookie Recipe from Love from the Oven
Strawberry Lemon Tart
An easy, luscious lemon tart topped with sweet ripe strawberries!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Cuisine: Dessert, Tart
Crust (You will only use half. Freeze the rest for another tart.):
- 12 tablespoons, butter, cool, not cold, cut into tablespoon pieces
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup homemade or jarred lemon curd
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 pints fresh raspberries, cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons water
- Make crust by beating butter in a stand mixer with paddle attachment for about a minute. Add sugar and beat till light in color, about 3 minutes. Gradually add in eggs and vanilla. Reduce speed to low and add flour and salt. Mix till dough forms and starts to pull away from the bowl.
- Divide the dough in half and flatten each mass into a disk. Wrap both with plastic wrap and freeze one for later use. Refrigerate other for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350º. Roll disk into a ⅛ inch thickness, on flour dusted surface. Fit into 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom. Press dough against sides of pan, then fold excess over top. Using rolling pin, roll over top of tart pan. Excess dough will break away. Prick bottom of tart dough with fork and freeze for 15 minutes. To bake, put a round of parchment over dough and fill with pie weights (or dried beans). Bake 15 minutes. Remove parchment and weights. Bake another 10 minutes. Cool on rack.
- In ramekin, sprinkle gelatin over water. Let absorb for 5 minutes. Bring a ½ inch of water to simmer in a saucepan. Place ramekin in water and stir till gelatin is completely melted, about a minute. Remove ramekin and set aside.
- Put lemon curd into a large bowl. Stir 1 tablespoon of the cream into gelatin. Whip remaining cream till starts to thicken. Slowly pour in gelatin mixture, then whip to soft peaks. Stir about ¼ of cream into lemon curd to lighten. Fold remaining cream into curd till well blended.
- Spread lemon filling into tart shell. Cover with plastic and refigerate at least one hour.
- To make glaze, microwave jelly or jam and water till hot, stir well. If there are solids in the glaze, strain.
- To serve, cut arrange strawberries in concentric circles over filling. Brush with warm glaze and serve.
Yield: 8 servings
Adapted from Sarabeth’s Bakery
- Calories: 4421kcal
- Sugar: 212g
- Sodium: 434mg
- Fat: 257g
- Saturated Fat: 155g
- Carbohydrates: 489g
- Fiber: 41g
- Protein: 56g
- Cholesterol: 1190mg
- A Treats Affair~ Roxana ~ @Atreatsaffair
BigFatBaker ~ Erin ~ @BigFatBaker
- CafeTerraBlog ~ Terra ~ @CafeTerraBlog
- Savoring Italy ~ Lora ~ @savoringitaly
- Cakeballs, Cookies and More ~ Sue
- Easily Good Eats
- Elephant Eats ~ Amy
Georgiecakes ~ Georgie ~ @georgiecakes
- Hobby And More ~ Richa ~ @betit19
- Mis Pensamientos ~ Junia ~ @juniakk
- No One Likes Crumbley Cookies ~ TR ~ @TRCrumbley
- Oh Cake ~ Jessica ~ @jesshose
Peaches and Donuts ~ Sylvia ~ @PeachesandDonut
- Savoring Every Bite ~ Linda ~ @Spicegirlfla
- Simply Reem ~ Reem ~ @simplyreem
- Soni’s Food for Thought ~ Soni ~ @sonisfood
- That Skinny Chick Can Bake ~ Liz ~ @Thatskinnychick
- The Art of Cooking Real Food ~ Laura ~ @TAofCRF
- The More Than Occasional Baker ~ Ros ~ @bakingaddict
- The Wimpy Vegetarian ~ Susan ~ @wimpyvegetarian
- Vegan Yack Attack! ~ Jackie ~ @veganyackattack
- Vegetarian Mamma ~ Cindy ~ @VegetarianMamma
- You Made That? ~ Suzanne ~ @YouMadeThatblog