My husband adores pies, but I have a love-hate relationship with pie crust. This scrumptious Peach Blueberry Galette has all the marvelous flavors of a pie without all the stress!!
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Peach Blueberry Galette
I have endlessly droned on about my quest to find the perfect pie crust. Meaning a crust that tastes amazing and is a cinch to flute, weave or any other maneuver that I happen to dream up!
But when it’s a muggy summer day and time is tight, I just forget the prospect of a double crust pie and turn to a trusty galette. A galette, you might query. What is a galette? Basically it’s a rustic, one crust tart where the edge of a pastry round is folded partially over your filling. This one happens to be a delightful peach blueberry galette!
Best of Summer Produce
I go crazy for fresh, juicy summer peaches. We get imports from Georgia and South Carolina in early July. But now the Red Havens from Indiana are prime for the picking and local is always best.
They are so fragrant sitting on my counter, and oh, so juicy!! This galette took only 3 peaches and a half cup of blueberries. And the crust is a breeze to roll out. Bill went back for seconds after dinner. Yup, it’s that tasty!
Welcome to the first #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of desserts and giveaways. You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
There are 25 amazing bloggers participating in this year’s event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of fantastic summer dessert recipes with you. With over 70 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today! And don’t forget to scroll down to see the amazing giveaway packages from our sponsors! Follow the Rafflecopter prompts to enter.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- No Churn Cherry Crisp Ice Cream from Miss in the Kitchen
- No-Churn Peanut Butter Lovers Ice Cream from Home Sweet Homestead
- No Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Grilled Pineapple Ring Rum Sundae from Daily Dish Recipes
- Creamy No Churn Peach Ice Cream from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Pies of Summer:
- Peach Blueberry Galette from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coconut Key Lime Pie from The Domestic Kitchen
- Berry Cherry Pie from A Blender Mom
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cherry Almond Cake from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Homemade Angel Food Cake with Sugared Berries from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Gooey Nutella Microwave Mug Cake from For the Love of Food
No Bake Treats:
- Churro Bites with Mexican Chocolate Dipping Sauce from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes from The JavaCupcake Blog
- Blueberry Limencello Cobbler from Sweet ReciPeas
- Blueberry Biscuits from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Crumb Bars from Southern Plate
- Cherry Struesel Muffins from My Baking Heart
- Rustic Cherry Galette from Jen Around the World
- Cherry Rosemary Cobbler from The Spiffy Cookie
- Cherry Almond Cobbler from Southern From Scratch
Used in This Recipe:Print
Peach Blueberry Galette
A scrumptious dessert featuring peaches and blueberries and a buttery pastry crust!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Dessert, Tart
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups flour, plus more for rolling
- 1 tablespoon sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 11 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/2 tablespoon pieces, I used Land o’ Lakes
- 1 egg yolk (reserved white to glaze dough)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, I used Rainier Organic Blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar (coarse sugar preferred but granulated is fine)
- To make the dough, combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor and pulse to combine. Add the butter to the flour and pulse till butter is broken into small pieces and mixture resembles cornmeal. Mix together the egg yolk and milk and add to dough. Pulse till the dough comes together. Pour out onto a piece of plastic wrap and press into a flat disk. Wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Carefully toss the peaches and blueberries with the sugar, flour, and salt.
- Roll out the dough to a 12-inch round on a lightly floured surface. Carefully move dough to the baking sheet. Arrange the fruit in the center of the dough, leaving about an inch of the perimeter uncovered. Fold the outside edge of the dough over the fruit, pleating as needed. Brush egg white over the exposed crust. Sprinkle the coarse sugar over the dough and fruit.
- Bake the galette until the crust turns a light brown and the filling bubbles, about 50 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes then cut and serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Rainier Fruit, OXO, Adam’s Extract, Land O’Lakes and General Mills Cereal! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.