On a busy weeknight, there’s nothing better than a quick recipe, like this tasty Chicken with Garlic and Parsley, for dinner. Simple flavors make it a win for the cook and a win for the family!
Chicken with Garlic and Parsley
To tell the truth, I’m a lazy cook when it comes to making dinner for my family. I look for meals that come together in less than 30 minutes like this Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir-Fry. I’m not much for take out, but love easy, restaurant worthy recipes like this chicken with garlic and parsley.
I’ve been making this speedy weeknight meal for nearly a decade. The recipe originates from Jacques Pepin, the renowned French chef and television personality. Simple is the name of the game. I use a zip-top bag to shake up chicken chunks with flour, salt and pepper. It’s then sauteed before being tossed with butter, loads of garlic and minced parsley. Easy-peasy. A squeeze of lemon is an optional finishing touch. My family adores this meal! And so does the cook.
Perfect for Busy Cooks
I love to pour through the dessert sections of cookbooks, tagging only the most decadent recipes to try. As I mentioned, when it comes to the day to day grind of cooking dinner, eh, well, I’m not so enthusiastic. I love simple, flavorful recipes that can be whipped together with ingredients I have in my pantry and fridge. I often have fresh parsley in the fridge or garden, but that’s the only item that might need to go on the grocery list when this chicken with garlic and parsley is on the menu.
Do you know about Wondra Flour? It’s made by Gold Medal and is touted as an “All Purpose Quick-Mixing Sauce ‘N Gravy Flour.” I routinely pull it out on Thanksgiving to make my turkey gravy as it doesn’t lump like all purpose. It also makes a lovely crisp coating on these chicken pieces. I keep a box on hand at all times. Check the baking aisle to see if your grocery store carries it.
This is the perfect recipe for after a hectic day. It comes together in less than 30 minutes, and it’s fabulous! I’ve doubled the original recipe to feed my family of 5. This easy chicken flavored with garlic and parsley tastes incredible with little effort.
More Easy Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
- Easy Chicken Parmesan from Crazy for Crust
- Honey Glazed Chicken Kabobs from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy Chicken Lo Mein from Just a Taste
- Chicken Piccata Pasta from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Best Easy Chicken Marinade from I Heart Naptime
Chicken with Garlic and Parsley
An easy, family pleasing recipe that comes together in 30 minutes or less. Adapted from Jacques Pepin
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup flour (I use Wondra brand, it gives a light crispy coating)
- 3/4-1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4+ cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup butter
- Lemon, slices or quartered, to garnish or for a squeeze of juice before serving
- Combine flour, salt and pepper and place in bowl or gallon ziplock bag. Dry chicken cubes, then toss in flour. Heat olive oil and saute chicken in batches, till browned and cooked through. Return all chicken to pan and add garlic, parsley and butter. Saute another minute, tossing to coat all chicken with garlic and parsley.
- Serve with lemon if desired.