Are you a chocolate-peanut butter fan? These Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Bars are a dream come true!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Bars
I was late to the chocolate-peanut butter bandwagon, but once I was converted, there was no going back. My oldest two children have joined me in this…err…addiction, but the hubby and youngest are still not on board.
No worries, though; it just means more for me! Nothing better than a batch of classic peanut butter cookies. And since I also adore caramel, these bars with the perfect way to get a triple fix.
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Bars are composed of peanut butter dough drizzled with caramel, then topped with chopped peanut butter cups and more cookie dough. Are you sold yet?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Day
If you’re another chocolate peanut butter aficionado, you’ll love what I have in store for you! Today marks the beginning of the best day ever – it’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Day! Hosted by Carla of Chocolate Moosey and Miriam of Overtime Cook. 31 bloggers are sharing favorite chocolate peanut butter recipes, ranging from cookies and bars to scones and muffins.
Follow the hashtag #chocPBday on social media and join us with your favorite chocolate and peanut butter recipes. Looking for recipes all in one place? Follow our Pinterest board. We are also teaming up with OXO, King Arthur Flour, and Peanut Butter & Co. to bring you three fabulous prize packs. If you love to bake, you don’t want to miss entering.
More Chocolate Peanut Butter Desserts!
You are more likely to see Katie with a box of Girl Scout cookies or bag of chocolate sandwich cookies than many of my desserts. She takes after you know who! But She loved these gooey gems.
Not too much chocolate for her tender sensibilities, but enough for that magic that happens when peanut butter and chocolate are combined. And lucky you stopped by on a day when my friends are celebrating Chocolate Peanut Butter Day! A made-up holiday where we all indulge in this fantastic combination. So you’ll certainly want to collect all the incredible recipes offered up today:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Parfait by Hip Foodie Mom
Dark Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies by Mind Over Batter
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Crumb Parfait by Hungry Couple
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Doughnuts by It’s Yummi!
Flourless Peanut Butter Cup Swirl Brownies by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Buckeye Cheesecake Bars by Chocolate Moosey
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Scones by All Day I Dream About Food
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Jam Bars by Poet in the Pantry
Crunchy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cannolis by Souffle Bombay
4 Layer Chocolate Brownie Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting by Neighborfood
Mini Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Cheesecakes by The Spiffy Cookie
Peanut Butter Nanaimo Bars by Crumb: A Food Blog
Chocolate Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies by In The Kitchen With KP
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies by The Cooking Actress
Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle by Kelli’s Kitchen
Peanut Butter Chocolate Biscotti by Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Chunky Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies by Snappy Gourmet
Peanut Butter Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cheesecake Filling by Overtime Cook
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls by Gotta Get Baked
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Quick Bread by Magnolia Days
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips Bars by Roxana’s Home Baking
Chocolate Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake by I Wash You Dry
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Food Lust People Love
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Cups by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispie Cheesecake Bars by Food Faith Fitness
Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Bars
A delectable peanut butter cookie bar with a layer of caramel! !Adapted from Lemons for Lulu
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 24 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert, Bar Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter melted and cooked till slightly browned and nutty smelling (browned butter)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces mini peanut butter cups unwrapped and cut in half
- 11 ounces or about 30 caramels
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line 9 x 13 pan with nonstick foil or regular foil followed by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixer, combine brown sugar and brown butter beating until creamy. Add vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in peanut butter until smooth. Add the flour, baking powder and salt to peanut butter mixture and gently mix till just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Grease a 9×13 pan. Spread half of the dough onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt caramels and heavy cream, stopping and stirring at one-minute intervals until completely melted. Stir until smooth. Pour caramel onto the bottom layer of bars. Top with halved Reese cups. Drop remaining dough onto peanut butter cups and carefully spread using your fingers.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
Recipe inspired by Tanya of Lemons for Lulu.