These Better Than Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars are totally irresistible!!! I promise, if you’re a Reese’s fan, you will be swooning with every bite.
No baking is needed to make these outrageously delicious, super easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, so mix up a batch for the Reese’s lovers in your life. You will be rewarded with an abundance of compliments and requests for this Reeses Bar recipe!
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
I first tasted these melt in your mouth gems at a neighborhood cookie exchange. I knew my two Reese’s fans at home would adore them as well. Such an easy, no-bake recipe for all you chocolate-peanut butter lovers. Growing up, I wasn’t a fan of peanut butter. That is, until my mom made what she called peanut butter bonbons, sometimes called Buckeyes. My sisters and I were instant fans and I found out that I actually could swoon over peanut butter. These peanut butter bars will thrill any Reese’s fan, I promise!!
Tips for Making Better Than Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
When I first posted this recipe in 2010, I only used half the peanut butter layer ingredients. Delicious, of course, but I love to sink my teeth into a thick, decadent bar cookie. I tweaked the recipe and came up with these new and improved thicker peanut butter bars!
- Line your baking pan with non-stick foil. The reason is two fold. First, the ingredients won’t stick to the sides of the pan. Second, the foil makes a sling with which you can lift the bars up out of the pan and place them on a cutting board. So much easier than trying to slice in the pan.
- Use salted butter. The sweet salty effect is irresistible. But don’t worry, they’re not salty tasting, but just right.
- Use milk chocolate instead of semisweet if that’s your preference. That may produce a flavor combo closer to a Reeses Cup, but semisweet is my preference.
- The oil added to the chocolate mixture helps give the topping a little sheen.
- My original recipe called for chocolate chips, but I find they don’t melt as smoothly as a chopped semisweet chocolate bar. Use either as they’ll both taste terrific.
- Note that 1 cup of chocolate chips is 6 ounces of chocolate. I used 1 1/2 bars of Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate that I find at the supermarket or Target. Watch for sales and stock up!
- If your bars are really well chilled when you cut them, the chocolate will crack. Let them sit at room temperature for a bit before slicing or use a hot, dry knife.
How Do You Store These Better Than Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars?
Store your Reese’s Bars in the refrigerator in an airtight container. I like to cut them, then separate the layers with wax or parchment paper to prevent them from sticking together. They’ll keep 4-5 days in the fridge.
These bars freeze well, too. The frozen bars will keep for up to 3 months, just defrost in the refrigerator before serving.
To Make These Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars, You May Like:
- An Offset Spatula, to help spread the layers evenly in the prepared pan.
- An 8 x 8 inch Baking Pan
- Non-Stick Aluminum Foil
Add to Your Shopping List:
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Powdered Sugar
- Smooth Peanut Butter (I like Jif)
- Semisweet chocolate bars or chips
- Vegetable Oil
More Peanut Butter Desserts You’ll Love:
- Peanut Butter Cake Roll from Crazy for Crust
- Homemade Reese’s Bars – almost the same recipe, but with a thinner peanut butter layer
- Taglong Bars
- Rolo Peanut Blossoms
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Tiger Bark
- Stuffed Peanut Butter Krispie Treats
- Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies
- Best Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Best Peanut Butter Lovers Recipes
- More Bar Cookie Recipes
Peanut Butter Layer:
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate, chopped finely or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Combine butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and peanut butter in medium bowl.
- When well combined, pat into a well greased 8 x 8 inch pan. Refrigerate while preparing topping.
- Melt chocolate chips and oil together in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds or so, till smooth.
- Spread over top of peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate at least an hour before cutting.
Adapted from a combination of recipes
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 195mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 23gProtein: 5g