These Better Than Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars are totally irresistible!!! I promise, if you’re a Reese’s fan, you will be swooning with every bite.
Peanut Butter Bars
When I first posted this recipe in 2010, I only used half the peanut butter layer ingredients. Delicious, of course, but I love to sink my teeth into a thick, decadent bar cookie. I tweaked the recipe and came up with these new and improved thicker peanut butter bars!
Better Than Reese’s!
I first tasted these melt in your mouth gems at a neighborhood cookie exchange. I knew my two Reese’s fans at home would adore them as well. Such an easy, no-bake recipe for all you chocolate-peanut butter lovers. Growing up, I wasn’t a fan of peanut butter. That is, until my mom made what she called peanut butter bonbons, sometimes called Buckeyes. My sisters and I were instant fans and I found out that I actually could swoon over peanut butter. These peanut butter bars will thrill any Reese’s fan, I promise!!
Better Than Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars
A no-bake chocolate and peanut butter treat that will satisfy your Reese’s cravings!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert, No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Peanut Butter Layer:
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Better Than Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars..adapted from a combination of recipes
- tablespoons butter, melted
- cup graham cracker crumbs
- cup powdered sugar
- /2 cup smooth peanut butter
- cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- teaspoon vegetable oil
- Combine butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and peanut butter in medium bowl. When well combined, pat into a well greased 8 x 8 inch pan. Refrigerate while preparing topping.
- Melt chocolate chips and oil together in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds or so, till smooth. Spread over top of peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate at least an hour before cutting.