All the incredible flavors of one of our favorite Girl Scout Cookies in these spectacular Tagalong Cookie Bars!
If you have a peanut butter dessert lover you want to spoil, make these incredibly decadent, layered peanut butter bars!
Tagalong Cookie Bars
I have surely mentioned the division in our household when it comes to chocolate peanut butter desserts. I, along with my two oldest, love them. The hubby and my youngest, do not. The hubby mentioned the staff at one of his clinics dropped some hints that they’d like me to share one of my treats.
These Girl Scout inspired cookie bars immediately came to mind. I trimmed the edges and had to sample for quality control. These copycat Tagalong cookie bars passed my scrutinizing with flying colors! I think the folks at Major Hospital were pleased, too. If coconut and caramel is more your style, I love these homemade Samoas.
Two Sweetie Pies
Thanks again to my lovely friend, Danielle, for another magnificent recipe! She is my go-to blogger for decadent treats. I promise you will love whatever you try from her blog!!! We share a recipe from each other’s sites every second Monday of the month.
Check out Danielle’s take on these Peanut Butter Tag Along Bars as well as her social media sites! Make sure to check out which of my recipes she made this month, too.
Tips for Making These Tagalong Bars
- You’ll want to make your layers as level as possible for the best presentation. I like using an offset spatula to smooth out the peanut butter filling.
- Lining your pan with non-stick foil makes for easy clean up and also allows you to remove the bars from the pan (after they’re cooled) to a cutting board to slice.
- I like using a warm knife to help the blade glide through the bars.
- PRO-Tip: If you want perfectly square bars, use a ruler to mark the edges of the bars at 2-inch intervals to help guide your cuts.
More Peanut Butter Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
- Copycat Girl Scout Tagalongs from A Dash of Sanity
- No-Bake Tagalong Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Country Cleaver
- Tagalong Girl Scout Whoopie Pies from Lemons for Lulu
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
- Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
- Tagalong Dip
- More Dessert Recipes
Used in This Recipe:
- 8 x 8-inch Square Cake Pan – I like to line with non-stick foil for easy removal for cutting plus the bonus of easy cleanup!
- Small Offset Spatula – an excellent tool for spreading the different layers in these layered peanut butter bars evenly
- 10-Piece Mixing Bowl Set – a great variety of sizes when you’re baking multi-step recipes
- KitchenAid 9-Speed Hand Mixer – perfect for those recipes where you don’t need to drag out the stand mixer
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate bars, I used Ghirardelli
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick foil. Set aside.
- To make the crust, put all ingredients into a bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix to a crumbly dough. Press into the pan and prick it with a fork all over. Bake 12 minutes just to set it, not brown it.
- To make the filling, combine the melted butter with the other ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Use an offset spatula to spread the peanut butter mixture over the warm crust.
- To make the chocolate topping, microwave the chocolate and oil just till melted and stir smooth.
- Pour over the peanut butter layer and smooth with an offset spatula. Chill for a couple hours, then bring to room temperature to cut and serve.
Adapted from Averie Cooks via Hugs and Cookies XOXO