An unusual technique drew me to David Lebovitz’s Best Fudgy Brownies. The delicious results were nothing short of spectacular!!
Another brownie recipe? From that skinny chick? Yes, I know I share a TON of brownie recipes. Other bloggers love brownie recipes, too! They are all winners, but pretty similar in ingredients and techniques. Leave it to David Lebovitz to shake things up a bit with his recipe for the best fudgy brownie.
David Lebovitz’s Best Fudgy Brownies
I have featured so many brownie recipes, but they’re all a wee bit different. The novel idea in this best fudgy brownies recipe involves vigorous whisking before baking. The batter transforms from a typical grainy concoction to a smooth glossy mixture. Before Nick returned to Indiana U for the end of his spring term, I baked him up a batch.
The rest of the family sampled the edge pieces removed for the photoshoot (I struggled as it’s hard to make these appear as delectable and rich as they taste!) and gave them rave reviews. I wasn’t surprised. I don’t think I’ve ever made a flop from Mr. Lebovitz. This recipe for David Lebovitz’s self-proclaimed best fudgy brownies is adapted from his cookbook, The Sweet Life in Paris.
A Hit with the College Crew
Yup, perfect and fudgy. The boys dug into these fudgy brownies with gusto. I think after a semester of cooking for themselves, I can’t rely on the judgment of these kids. I’m certain anything homemade where a recipe is actually involved would garner thumbs up.
But I did sample a few edges myself and can vouch for these being darned tasty. The crackly top is a telltale sign of a wonderful brownie. I hope you take the challenge and bake up a batch for yourself to see whether you think these are the “best” fudgy brownies.
You Might Like:
More Fudgy Recipes You’ll Love:
- Fudgy Chocolate Sixlets Cookies from Barbara Bakes
- Fudgy Brownie Trifle with Chocolate Mousse from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fudgy Chocolate Pecan Pie from Real Housemoms
- Fudgy Skillet Brownies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fudgy Pumpkin Caramel Swirl Bars from The Food Charlatan
- Ganache Glazed Truffle Brownies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 6 tablespoons butter (cut into pieces)
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate (chopped)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup flour
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with non stick foil or regular foil (spray with cooking spray). Set aside
- Melt chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl, stopping and stirring at 30 second increments till melted and smooth. Stir in the sugar and vanilla. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the flour and whisk vigorously for a full minute. Batter should look smooth and glossy and sugar granules should be incorporated.
- Spread batter into pan and bake about 40 minutes until the brownies look almost set. Do not over bake.
- Let cool completely in the pan before lifting out the foil or parchment to remove the brownies and cut.
You can add some chopped nuts if desired.
Serving Size:1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 45mg Carbohydrates: 20g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 17g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g