A skillet is a terrific tool to make a quick and easy dinner or even dessert. These Fudgy Skillet Brownies are mixed up in one bowl then baked into a rich, chocolate coma inducing dessert.
This is the time of year when we’re all looking for speedy dinner ideas. School has started as have all those accompanying after-school activities.
Time is at a premium, so it’s the perfect time to break out your skillet and cook up a meal made in one pan. Start to finish an hour or less. I know I’ve piqued your interest!
But don’t you dare forget the last course. Skillet desserts are the best! Kind of rustic, served right out of a cast iron skillet, and so delicious!!!
Fudgy Skillet Brownies
The Sunday Supper crew is sharing their favorite one-skillet entrees, breakfasts, and even a couple of desserts! I have a handful of skillet recipes that I make over and over. But it was time to increase my repertoire.
These fudgy skilled brownies are thick and decadent, but best of all, they’re a snap to make! I whip them up mid-afternoon and let them cool on the counter till after dinner.
Served in wedges, they can be jazzed up with a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of fudge or caramel sauce. Swoon-worthy.
I used a 10-inch Le Creuset Skillet and this recipe filled the pan to the brim. If your skillet is smaller, I’d suggest making 2/3 of this recipe or you will definitely have a mess in your oven.
With a smaller skillet, increase the oven temperature to 350º and decrease the time to about 40 minutes.With brownies, it’s hard to tell when they are done. The toothpick test that you use for cakes is not accurate. I know when my kitchen fills with an intense brownie aroma, the time is near. They’ll pull away from the edge of the pan very slightly and should have risen to the top of the skillet.
I added some milk chocolate chips to tone down the chocolate intensity for one particular family member. Add white chocolate, bittersweet, semisweet chips or even chunks of toffee to customize them for your family. Toasted walnuts would be fabulous, too!
Easy Skillet Recipes from my Sunday Supper Friends:
Favorite Skillet Breakfasts
- Sweet Potato, Bacon, and Egg Skillet by Positively Stacey
Favorite Skillet Sides
- Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Home Sweet Homestead
Favorite Skillet Entrees
- Alex’s Favorite Skillet Meal by The Freshman Cook
- Apple, Squash and Chicken Skillet by The Redhead Baker
- Black Bean and Rice Skillet by Wholistic Woman
- Chakchouka (Tunisian Eggs in Tomato Sauce) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chicken Caprese Skillet by Casa de Crews
- Chop Suey Stir Fry Vegetables with Beef by Asian In America
- Clean Eating Hamburger Helper Skillet by A Mind Full Mom
- Creamy Paprika Chicken & Peppers by My Life Cookbook
- Easy Pink Pasta Skillet by Family Foodie
- Easy Skillet Lasagna by New South Charm
- Greek Turkey Spinach Skillet by Cooking Chat
- Hatch Chile Shakshuka by Helpful Homemade
- Healthy Vegetable Skillet Dinner by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Huevos Rancheros by The Hungry Goddess
- Japanese Korean Tofu Sliders by The Ninja Baker
- Kielbasa, Brussels Sprouts, Potato & Pear Skillet by Food Done Light
- Kung Pao Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken and Vegetables by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Loaded Skillet White Pesto Pizza by Crazed Mom
- One Pan Taco Rice Skillet by The Chef Next Door
- One Pot Beef Stroganoff by My World Simplified
- Pork and Sweet Potato Hash by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pork with Gingered Pluots by Palatable Pastime
- Salsa Chicken Skillet by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Sautéed Gnocchi with Pomodo Crudo by What Smells So Good?
- Smothered Potatoes and Sausage by Sunday Supper Movement
- Spanish Rice and Beef Skillet Dinner by Meal Planning Magic
- Spicy Sausage Pasta Skillet by Caroline’s Cooking
- Summer Squash Frittata by Pies and Plots
- Tamale Pie by Monica’s Table
- Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Skillet by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Veggie-Packed Sloppy Joes by Powered By BLING
- Yellow Rice Skillet by Cricket’s Confections
Favorite Skillet Desserts
- Fudgy Skillet Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie by The Crumby Cupcake
Fudgy Skillet Brownies #SundaySupper
One bowl, one skillet, one delicious, fudgy brownie recipe!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- Category: Dessert, Brownies
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 12 ounces, semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat the oven to 325º. Grease a deep 10-inch skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe mixing bowl, gently melt the butter and semisweet chocolate, stopping to stir occasionally, until smooth. Whisk in the instant coffee. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk in sugar, then eggs, and vanilla. Stir in salt, then the flour until just combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Cool, cut into wedges and serve with ice cream if desired.
You Might Need:
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.