I snag up as many fragrant peaches as I can during these dog days of summer. I’ve made a peach tart, peach pie bars and now it was time for a No Churn Roasted Peach Ice Cream.
No Churn Ice Cream
These easy to make type of ice cream recipes have been making the rounds on food blogs for the past few years. I don’t make too many ice creams as my family seems to prefer the same ol’ chocolate and vanilla. Boring.
But with bags of ripe, juicy peaches sitting on my kitchen counter, I figured I had an excuse to whip up some no churn peach ice cream. This version requires no eggs, no cooking of custard and no ice cream maker. The secret seems to be the combination of sweetened condensed milk and whipped heavy cream.
Roasted Peach Ice Cream
My peaches were ripe and flavorful, but to intensify their sweetness even more, I roasted them with some brown sugar to help concentrate and caramelize their sugars. The vibrant color muddied a bit with the cooking, but the end result still had a nice blush. The lack of eggs did produce in a slightly less creamy ice cream, but I’m still keeping this no churn method in my back pocket for those times I’m without an ice cream maker. This was a delicious, speedy treat for a hot summer’s day!
You May Need:
- 5 sweet, ripe medium peaches, peeled and cut into thin slices (1/4-1/3 inches)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 400º. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spread sliced peaches in a single layer. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Cook for 30 minutes, turning once or twice. Remove from oven and cool
- When peaches are cool, puree in a food processor.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together puree, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, lemon juice and salt. Set aside.
- Whip cream to firm peaks. Fold the peach puree into the whipped cream.
- Scrape into a loaf pan and freeze for at least 8 hours.
Use sweet and juicy peaches for the best peach flavor.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 51mg Sodium: 76mg Carbohydrates: 30g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 28g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g
Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details.