Fudgy Brownies from Scratch with M&M’s
These Extra Fudgy Brownies from Scratch with M&M’s are the perfect way to a chocoholic’s heart. Dense, rich, and delicious plus extra festive with the holiday candies!
M&M Brownies can be customized for any occasion. Find holiday-themed bags of M&Ms in seasonal colors for all kinds of events! For Valentine’s Day, the bag contained an array of red, pink, and white candies.
Extra Fudgy Brownies from Scratch
If you’re wondering how rich and fudgy these homemade brownies are, I’ll quote my husband after his first bite. He looked at me and asked, “Is there any spare insulin around here?” Of course, I laughed, but these chocolate brownies are extremely decadent and delicious!
How to Make Fudgy Brownies
My kids used to prefer a boxed brownie mix that came with a packet of frosting to my homemade brownies. It took years to wean them from that red box. But their palates have evolved since those elementary school days, and they appreciate just how tasty fudgy brownies from scratch can be!
- Fudgy brownies have a higher fat to flour ratio compared to cakey brownies. The fat includes oil, butter, and chocolate.
- Cakey brownies, like cake, have a leavening agent like baking powder added as well. Plus slightly underbaking will also contribute to fudginess.
- Just bake long enough so the middle is not too underdone.
And to make clean cuts, go ahead and pop your pan of brownies in the fridge to chill. It is always a challenge to cut through candies and/or chocolate chips, but no matter how they look, they’ll get rave reviews, even swoons!
Valentine’s Day Treats
Adding festive colored M&M’s makes these rich homemade brownies suitable for any holiday celebration. Since Valentine’s Day is approaching, I grabbed some Valentine’s M&M’s at Target for this particular batch. I love the pastel white chocolate M&M’s around Easter and of course, there are patriotic, Christmas, and fall varieties depending on the time of year.
And you can always add different candies, chopped Oreos, and different flavored chocolate chips to make these fudgy brownies your own.
You May Also Like:
Though simple chocolate brownies are definitely a family favorite, there are tons of varieties of brownies with different flavors and add-ins. Here are some more of our favorites:
- Symphony Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Glazed Walnut Brownies
- Rich Frosted Brownies
- Cookie Dough Brownies
- Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies
- White Chocolate Brownies
- More Best Brownie Recipes
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M’s
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with nonstick foil.
- In the microwave, gently melt chocolate chips and butter in a heatproof bowl.
- Stir in the sugars and then the eggs.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold in salt and flour.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and half the M&M's.
- Pour into the pan and top with the rest of the candies.
- Bake 30 minutes for extremely fudgy brownies and longer 35-35 minutes for less fudgy.
Use different colored M&Ms for other holidays!
Serving Size:1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 2gSugar: 41gProtein: 4g