A plate of fudgy brownies is perfect for any occasion. These Chocolate Glazed Walnut Brownies are rich, ultra-delicious and a wonderful way to offer comfort.
Those who know my family may be shocked that I actually put nuts into a brownie recipe. This is practically a mortal sin in my household.
But I was making these for a family who suffered a huge loss and volunteered to bring some brownies and cookies. I made two batches, one sans nuts and the other studded with chopped walnuts.
Since brownies with nuts have never made an appearance on my blog, I’m featuring the Chocolate Glazed Walnut Brownies today. Rich, dense and fudgy. With or without nuts, they were amazing.
There was a huge outpouring of love for this family that’s been a part of our community since we arrived in Indianapolis; they lost a son and grandson, a brother and nephew. The interweaving of our families started when my oldest joined their son in kindergarten and continued as they both joined the rank of Eagle Scout in high school.
It was a heart wrenching few days as an outsider, hearing the tragic details…I cannot imagine the enormity of grief on the inside. It was comforting to see all the now grown men, and former classmates, dressed in their best suits and ties, paying respect to their friend and his toddler son whose time on earth was way too short.
This news totally rocked my world and reminded me to live every moment to its fullest. The time we have on this earth is out of our hands. I did what I do best to comfort; I offered food. Giving these chocolate glazed walnuts to friends whether for a happy or sorrowful occasion will definitely show you care.
More Brownie Recipes You’ll Love:
- Chocolate Mint Brownies from Mom on Timeout
- Simple Fudgy Brownies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Buckeye Brownies from Shugary Sweets
- S’mores Brownies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gooey Oreo Brownie Bars from Inside BruCrew Life
Chocolate Glazed Walnut Brownies
This ultra rich, fudgy brownies with walnuts are perfect for any occasion!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings
- Category: Dessert, Brownies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 9 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 16 walnut halves
- Line an 8-inch square pan with nonstick foil or regular foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 325º.
- Melt the 9 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate, 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate and ½ cup butter in large, microwave-safe bowl. Stop and stir at 30-second intervals till melted and smooth.
- Stir in the sugar, then the eggs and vanilla. Add the flour and salt and mix till well combined. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 35-40 minutes or till toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely.
- To make glaze, microwave all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl, stopping to stir every 30 seconds till chocolate is almost melted. Stir till mixture is smooth then let cool for about 10 minutes before spreading the glaze over top of chilled brownies. Place half walnuts, spaced evenly, over the glaze before it sets. Chill brownies to cut.
Yield: 16 brownies
Total time: 2 hours with cooling times
Recipe Adapted from The Good Cookie