My family members are brownie fanatics. When I spied a recipe that combined my love of cookie dough with brownies, I couldn’t wait to bake up a batch for my family. These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies hit all the marks!!!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Three dreamy layers combined to make these luscious chocolate chip cookie dough brownies I sampled more than my share of the egg free cookie dough before layering it on top of the fudgy brownie base.
I have a little weakness. It involves eating more cookie dough than cookies. It was yummy. If you have an addiction like I do, check out these 50 irresistible cookie dough desserts!
But being a former nurse, with a paranoia when it comes to salmonella, I never let my kids indulge in my vice. They didn’t know what they were missing. Or at least not yet.
I was afraid they might not enjoy the slight granular texture of the sugars in the uncooked dough layer, but, in fact, all 3 guys liked them. The hubby liked them best of all. Brownie points for me. And for this new recipe.
Layered Chocolate Brownies
This is never a bad thing at our house. A moist fudgy brownie is baked up before adding an egg free cookie dough. Not that it could actually be baked into cookies, but it tastes a heck of a lot like real chocolate chip cookie dough.
Finally, a layer of creamy, dreamy chocolate ganache is poured across the surface of the cookie dough. I used an offset spatula to smooth it out before letting the topping solidify at room temperature.
I did pop these layered chocolate brownies in the fridge for a bit to allow for cleaner lines when cutting these into squares. If you know a chocoholic (especially one who adores cookie dough), treat them to these amazing brownies!
More Cookie Dough Recipes You’ll Love:
- Edible Cookie Dough from Love from the Oven
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cookie Dough Lush from Wine and Glue
- Cookie Dough Dip from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip from Shugary Sweets
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
An indulgent brownie recipe topped with cookie dough and ganache! Adapted from Recipe Girl.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 32 brownies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
Cookie dough layer:
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups a flour
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces of semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup cream
- Preheat oven to 325º. Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with non-stick foil. Set aside.
- Make brownie layer. Melt chocolate in the microwave using 30 second increments, stirring until melted and smooth. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, butter and brown sugar till well mixed. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Mix in. Stir in salt and flour; don’t over mix. Spread into prepared pan. Bake 25-35 minutes or till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.
- Make cookie dough. With an electric mixer combine butter and both sugars. Mix in milk and vanilla; stir in flour. Add chocolate chips and mix to combine. Spread over cooled brownie layer. Cool till firm (can freeze to hurry along process).
- Make ganache. Melt remaining chocolate and cream together in microwave, stopping at 30 second intervals to stir till smooth and chocolate is melted. Spread over dough layer with an offset spatula. Chill for easier cutting. You may pull the whole batch out with the foil to cut or just cut pieces from pan.
Photo circa 2011 (one of my first Foodgawker acceptances!).