White Chocolate Brownies
Finally, a “brownie” for white chocolate lovers like me! These White Chocolate Brownies are dense and delicious!!!
White Chocolate Brownies
I have a little gizmo at the bottom of my posts that shares related posts. Sometimes I gasp at the look of the old posts that pop up. Usually a terrific recipe, but photographed in my dark kitchen with no attempt at food styling. Today’s brownies are one such recipe.
My friend, Danielle, with whom I do a #TwoSweetiePies recipe exchange each month, may have featured this for one of her Facebook bake-alongs. A similar recipe is on her blog now…as there is one deep in my archives with some less than stellar photos! So it was time for a recipe re-do. These dense, White Chocolate Brownies with a sprinkling of semi-sweet chocolate chips are too heavenly not to share again.
Are You a White Chocolate Fan?
I’m definitely a sucker when it comes to white chocolate. It’s a house divided, though. Katie is on my side, but my youngest would rather steer clear in favor of dark chocolate. The hubby and my oldest are fine with all of the above! I love these as an alternative to chocolate chip bars and your typical blondies. The white chocolate is actually melted with the butter thus completely flavoring the batter. There’s no need to sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, but a little extra chocolate never hurts, does it? Thanks, Danielle, for giving me the opportunity to revisit this terrific recipe!!!
- 1 cup butter
- 10 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325º. Line 9 x 13 pan with foil and spray with Pam (or use non-stick foil), leaving some overhang on all sides.
- Over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate, stirring frequently till melted and smooth. Stir in sugar, then eggs and vanilla. The mixture will look curdled. Add the flour, salt and any optional chocolate chips or nuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, till the top is slightly golden.Be careful not to over-bake. Cool to room temperature, then chill for 3 hours. Cut and serve.
!Recipe courtesy of Hugs & Cookies XOXO
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 128mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g
Check out Danielle’s take on this recipe as well as her social media sites!