Fudge Topped Brownies: Fudgy Brownies with a fudgy frosting make for the ultimate, chocolate lover’s treat. An easy way to serve a crowd!
Fudge Topped Brownies
I had LOTS of chocolate to bake up for our Decorators’ Show House party last week. I volunteer for this marvelous organization that raises funds for our county hospital…and this year our Show House is the Historic Schnull-Rauch home just north of downtown Indianapolis.
30+ interior decorators will transform this empty house into a dream home with the latest designer trends. But we get to throw a party before all the work begins.
Guess who volunteered to bring chocolate dessert for 75? I don’t think anyone is surprised…yup, me. First up are these lovely Fudge Topped Brownies with a decadent frosting that is just poured on top of the hot brownies.
Fudgy Brownies for the Chocolate Party!
Bill sampled the edges as I trimmed these into bars for the serving platter. He nodded with approval and shoveled in a few more shards. And more than one guest told me these were the BEST brownies they had ever eaten, the ultimate compliment. These brownies were served along with squares of Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies and Death by Chocolate Cookies. Stay tuned for more chocolate treats as the month progresses. Your sweet tooth will thank me, even if your waistline won’t.
This month’s Chocolate Party theme is double chocolate…any recipe with two or more kinds of chocolate will suffice. Please feel free to link up any double chocolate dessert you’ve made and blogged about in February…and consider joining the Chocolate Party gang. Check out our hostess’ blog, Roxana’s Home Baking for details.
Note: the linky party has disappeared, but if you’re interested in this group, head over to Roxana’s blog.
The Schnull-Rauch House, home of the 52nd consecutive Decorators’ Show House
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa, sifted
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 9 x 13 pan with nonstick foil and set aside.
- Stir together butter, sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, eggs, cream and 2 teaspoons vanilla in large bowl; beat till all combined. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. When brownies are almost finished baking, combine chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan and heat till chocolate melts. Add the 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Immediately spread over hot brownies. Allow to cool on wire rack then refrigerate. To serve, cut into bars.
Fudgy frosted brownie recipe adapted from Hershey's.
Serving Size:1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 2g