Easter cookie cakes are packed full with Easter candy! Whether you whip up this Easter Cookie Cake recipe before or after the holiday, I guarantee it won’t last long! This easy dessert is like a giant chocolate chip cookie on steroids.
Versatile Cookie Cake Recipe
When my children were in elementary school, I loved baking treats for them to take to school on their birthdays. Then one year, Nick, my youngest, asked if I could buy a grocery store cookie cake instead of something homemade. Harumph, I thought.
But it was his day, so I honored his request. But I got to thinking that I could make a homemade cookie cake that would be sooooo much better. I just packed chocolate chip cookie dough into my deep dish pizza pan and decorated it with icing after it cooled. The whole family loved it. And I never got another request to buy a cookie cake. Now I make them for any occasion, and this Easter cookie cake is one of our favorites!!
Cookie cake recipes are so versatile, you really can make them for any reason. For a Christmas party, it would be fun to serve this gingerbread cookie cake recipe, from Dorothy at Crazy for Crust. Celebrating a birthday? Cheryl from Tidy Mom has a recipe for a birthday sugar cookie cake!
Easter Cookie Cake Ingredients
Fast forward to this year. As a blogger, I “should” work ahead of the season. Like making a roasted turkey in October so I can share the recipe with you a few weeks before Thanksgiving. Usually, I forget or don’t bother. But seeing all the Easter candy on the store shelves, I grabbed a few bags and settled on baking up a cookie cake for the March book club meeting I was hosting at my house.
The Easter cookie cake is LOADED with sweet treats! I used:
- chocolate chips
- Easter colored M&M’s
- Easter egg M&M’s and
- Cadbury mini Easter eggs.
The wedges of candy-laden cookie were a hit with my girlfriends. Needless to say, my chocoholic family loved these Easter cookie cake leftovers.
Easter Cookie Cake
A giant candy-laden cookie baked up in a pie plate.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Dessert, cookie, cake
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick or 4 ounces)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chocolate candies (I used Easter M&M’s and mini Cadbury eggs), divided
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Mix in the sugars, then the vanilla. Then stir in the egg.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda and salt just till combined. Add the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the candies. Reserve the remainder of the candy to garnish cookie cake when it comes out of the oven. Mix well.
- Scrape the dough into the prepared pan, then smooth the top with an offset spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes or till top is golden brown. Remove from oven and gently press remaining candies across the surface of the cookie cake while it’s hot.
- Cool before slicing.
Total time does not include cooling time.
More Easter Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
- Bunny Butt Easter Cupcakes from Spend with Pennies
- Easter Candy Brownie Cookies
- 4 Simple Easter Treats from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Easter Egg Cookies
- Naturally Dyed Easter Eggs from Your Home Based Mom