These Brown Butter Easter Cookies are made with a fabulous chocolate chip cookie dough and full of pastel-colored white chocolate M&M’s. Such a fun treat for the holidays!
Brown Butter Easter Cookies
What do you do when you win an Easter bunny cookie canister on a blog giveaway??? You fill it up, of course. After some blogger buzz about White Chocolate M and M’s, I had to nab a couple of bags (check your local Target).
Their pastel shells were perfect for the task at hand. This recipe only makes 12 cookies. That was the one and only complaint about this recipe for these Brown Butter Easter Cookies. My dear hubby realized the cookie jar would be empty soon. But they are HUGE and wonderful, so savor every bite.
Other Recipes Utilizing Brown Butter
- 14 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup white chocolate M and M's (or favorite flavor), plus more to garnish
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Melt 10 tablespoons of the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat till melted. Continue cooking a couple more minutes till butter is golden brown with a nutty fragrance. Pour into heat-proof bowl, and add the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter. Stir till melted.
- Add sugars, then vanilla. Mix in egg and egg yolk. Add baking soda, then flour and mix till just combined. Add M and M's and chocolate chunks.
- Use a 4 tablespoon (1/4 cup) scoop to make dough balls. Place about 2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake 10-14 minutes or till cookies are golden. Press a few extra M and M's into warm cookies to garnish. Cool on rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 396 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 69mg Sodium: 270mg Carbohydrates: 49g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 34g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g