Easter Egg Cookies: My favorite chocolate chip cookie dough is transformed into a holiday treat with festive egg-shaped M&M’s!
Easter Egg Cookies: for Kids of All Ages!
When I spotted the Milk Chocolate Speck-tacular Eggs by M&M’s at Target, I knew they needed to go into some cookies ASAP. Bill put the kibosh on Easter egg hunts a couple years ago (I think he may have had a point since my baby was shaving!), so I started to pick up some of the kids’ favorite Easter candies to transform them into desserts.
I made a half batch of Jacques Torres’ Secret Chocolate Chip cookie dough and added the festive egg-shaped M&M’s to make these cute Easter Egg Cookies. If you’re a chocolate chip cookie fan and have not tried this recipe, you MUST. The combination of cake and bread flours, the use of chocolate discs instead of chips (chips will be fine, though, if you can’t find feves or discs), and the overnight resting time all contribute to these delectable chewy wonders.
More Easter (and Passover) Inspiration
Today, a few of my blogger friends are sharing Easter and Passover recipes.
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake from Chocolate Moosey
- Cream Cheese Candies from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Nutella Easter Egg Candy from The Messy Baker
- Painted Sugar Cookies from Ruffles and Truffles
- Flourless Chocolate Torte from Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- White Chocolate Easter Bark from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coconut Macaroon Easter Nests from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easter Candy Brownie Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Easter Egg Cookies
An amped up chocolate chip cookie with Easter M&M’s.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 29 minutes
- Yield: 36 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cookies, Holiday
- Method: Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1//2 cups plus 1 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1 /2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate disks or chips
- 10.9-ounce bag of M&M’s Speck-tacular Eggs (reserve some for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Reduce speed to low and add both flours, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla; mix until well combined. Fold in chocolates, making sure to distribute well.
- Refrigerate dough overnight.
- Using 2 tablespoon cookie disher, scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake until lightly browned, but still soft, about 14 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Total time does not include chilling time.
Recipe adapted from Jacques Torres.