Candy bar blondies are a sweet bar cookie, perfect to make when you have way too much candy in your house! This easy dessert recipe can be made using leftover Halloween candy.
Make these bar cookies for a post Halloween Treat! Add your favorite holiday candies for an out of this world dessert!
Candy Bar Blondies
Around the holidays, there is an influx of sweet treats to our house. On Halloween, depending on the weather, we could have 60-100 trick or treaters. I like to buy full-size candy bars, but having 40 left over makes for a big dilemma. Thank goodness I have an easy solution. Make a batch of blondies and load them up with your favorite candies! Voila, Candy Bar Blondies! I’ve taken my favorite blondie recipe and stirred in some frozen chocolate candy bar chunks along with M&M’s. My girlfriends were dying for the recipe when I shared these. They would not lead you astray.
What to Do with Halloween Candy Leftovers
Unsure of what to do with the leftover Halloween candy? Sampling a few of your favorites is always required, but there’s only so much your pants will stretch! Not like these treats are particularly kind to your waistline, but consider the mixing, spreading, and cutting to be a form of exercise. I can rationalize just about anything. Check out all the creative recipes for leftover candy (which can be applied to Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and Easter, too!).
- Candy Bar Blondies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Leftover Candy Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Bars by Books n’ Cooks
- Gooey Candy Bar Brownie Cups by Desserts Required
- Leftover Candy Stuffed Brownies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Candy Bar Truffles by The Crumby Cupcake
- Butterfinger Biscotti by The Redhead Baker
- Candy Popcorn Balls by Palatable Pastime
You Might Like:Print
Candy Bar Blondies
Load up your blondies with leftover holiday candies!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert, Bar Cookies
- Method: Chopping, Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1–1 1/2 cups chocolate based candy bars, chopped (Milky Way, Reese’s, 3 Musketeers, Hershey Bars, M&M’s, etc.)*See Notes
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips and M&M’s to garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick foil, leaving enough overhang to help you lift the blondies from the pan when they’re done.Set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in medium bowl; set aside. Whisk melted butter and brown sugar together in medium bowl until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold dry ingredients into egg mixture until just combined; do not over-mix.
- Fold in candy bar pieces and pat batter into prepared pan, smoothing top with an offset spatula. Push in a few chocolate chips on top of dough to garnish, if desired.
- Bake until top is shiny, cracked, and light golden brown, 27-30 minutes; do not over-bake. Immediately after removing from the oven, push in a few chocolate chips and/or M&M’s on top of dough to garnish, if desired.Cool on a wire rack to room temperature. Remove bars from pan using foil and cut to serve.
- Calories: 273kcal
- Sugar: 28g
- Sodium: 75mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 43mg