White Cosmopolitans: A smooth twist on the classic made with white cranberry juice. Welcome to Cocktail Day!
When I entertain, I love to have a festive cocktail, and these exquisite white cosmopolitans fit the bill perfectly. Top with fresh cranberries for a holiday specialty drink!
Welcome to Cocktail Day, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic, Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake, and Donna of Cookistry. We are raising our glasses to toast you all with some unique and delicious cocktails and mocktails in anticipation of the Big Game and Valentine’s Day. Be sure to bookmark or pin these creative beverages for your next gathering.
Tips for Making a Festive Holiday Cocktail
My real life friends know I get pretty loopy if I drink more than one glass of wine, one of the perils of being a skinny chick. But when I entertain, I love to have a festive, specialty cocktail. These exquisite white cosmopolitans are a twist on the classic cosmopolitan cocktail, which contain vodka, lime juice, an orange liqueur like Cointreau or Grand Marnier, and vodka.
- For martinis, these babies are so smooth and tasty. Just be sure to use a top shelf vodka and a lovely orange liqueur.
- The white cranberry juice can be difficult to locate, but worth the extra stop at your larger grocery store.
- These white cosmos are clear and rather lackluster without a garnish. A slice of lime, some fresh cranberries, or even Martha Stewart’s idea of a small white orchid (make sure it is pesticide free) make for a much more festive cocktail!
- When serving a potent cocktail like these cosmopolitans, make sure to have plenty of munchies available to slow absorption.
I’m delighted to be joining up with some of my blogger pals today to share cocktail recipes…just in time for your Super Bowl festivities. I’ve had these White Cosmopolitans in my files for over a decade.
I spotted them on Martha Stewart’s website, garnished with an simple, small white orchid. That spectacular image stayed with me for years.
Now I’m thrilled to know that these white cosmopolitans taste as marvelous as they look. But beware, as with all martinis, they pack a punch. So please sip responsibly.
More Festive Cocktails
Depending on the season or occasion, there’s always an opportunity to serve a festive, specialty cocktail. These Peach Bellinis are a Italian classic, a Hawaiian Sunset Cocktail transports you to the tropics, Fresh Peach Margaritas are a delightful summer cocktail, Grand Marnier Mimosas are fun for a celebratory brunch, and my new favorite is this French 75 Champagne Cocktail.
You may need these supplies to make this White Cosmopolitans recipe:Print
A gorgeous cosmo made with white cranberry juice! Adapted from Martha Stewart
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 2 servings
- Category: Cockail, Beverage
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup white cranberry juice
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces Cointreau
- Garnish of choice, cranberries, lime or edible flowers
- Add juice, vodka and Cointreau to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into two martini glasses. Garnish as desired.
More Amazing Cocktails:
Here are all the amazing cocktails from my gal pals. I hope you will find one that tickles your fancy! I can vouch for my white cosmopolitans, my new favorite cocktail.
Other Fabulous Bloggers Mixing It Up with Us for Cocktail Day:
- Pomegranate Party Punch by Cravings of a Lunatic
- White Cosmopolitans by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Hot Buttered Chocolate Rum by Cookistry
- Bacon Jalapeno Bloody Mary by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Blood Orange Old Fashioned by Kelly Bakes
- Caipirinhas by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Martini by Hungry Couple
- Chocolate Cupcake Cocktail by JavaCupcake
- Ciderhouse Whiskey by From the Bookshelf
- Citrus Cranberry Punch by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Coconut-Key Lime Pie Martini by Home Cooking Memories
- Espresso Martini by Liv Life
- Frozen Marshmallow Mudslide by 365 Days of Baking & More
- Ginger Raspberry Fizzy by Try Anything Once
- Iced Cake Martini by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Le Jardinier by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Mandarin Mulled Wine by Food Babbles
- Meyer Lemon Rosemary Gin Fizz by Crumb
- Nutella Martini by The Pink Flour
- Peach Sparkler by Noshing With The Nolands
- Pineapple Margarita by Miss in the Kitchen
- Pomegranate Orange Spritzer by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Safe Sex on the Beach by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Side Car with Dried Cherries by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Winter Fruit White Wine Sangria by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Apple Pie Moonshine by Lola’s Kitchen
UPDATE: giveaway closed and entry form removed
Sponsors and Giveaway
Microplane can be found on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Microplane is a division of family-owned Grace Manufacturing Inc., a long-standing company specializing in the crafting of precision thin metal parts for home and industrial use. The versatile Ultimate Citrus Tool features Microplane’s surgical grade stainless steel Fine blade. In addition, the Ultimate Citrus Tool features two decorative garnishing blades in a large (.300-inch diameter) and small (.180-inch diameter) size. The blades are made in the USA and are dishwasher safe. Microplane’s sleekly designed and multi-functional Bartender’s Garnishing Tool easily opens bottles, effortlessly zests oranges, lemons, limes, and other types of citrus fruits, and is dishwasher safe.
Not So Simple Syrup can be found on Facebook, and Twitter. Not So Simple Syrup is a a small, local maker of simple syrups. Heidi and Barbie’s passion is to create all natural syrups that inspire and stimulate your pension for amazing mixed drinks as well as iced teas and non-alcoholic beverages too. They pride themselves on individual service. When you purchase a NSSS product, you can be sure that it received their personal stamp of approval. The Not So Simple Syrup Survival Gift Basket has two flavours of delicious all natural Not So Simple Syrup, a muddler for the perfect Mojito you might want to create, two glasses and a bar towel.
The list of prizes for Cocktail Day:
2 Individual Copies of Molecule Gastronomy by Molecule-R Cookbook
1 Set of Mojito R-evolution (Molecular Mixology Kit)
1 Set of Margarita R-evolution (Molecular Mixology Kit)
1 Set of Cosmo R-evolution (Molecular Mixology Kit)
1 Copy of The Architecture of the Cocktail sponsored by Race Point Publishing
1 Copy of Apothecary Cocktails sponsored by Fair Winds Press
1 Copy of The Best Craft Cocktails and Bartending with Flair sponsored by Page St. Publishing
1 Microplane Bartender’s Garnishing Tool
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by our sponsors, no bloggers have received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***