White Cosmopolitans: A smooth twist on the classic made with white cranberry juice.
When I entertain, I love to have a festive cocktail, and this exquisite Cosmopolitan recipe fits the bill perfectly. Top with fresh cranberries for a holiday specialty drink!
Welcome to Cocktail Day, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic, Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake, and Donna of Cookistry. We are raising our glasses to toast you all with some unique and delicious cocktails and mocktails in anticipation of the Big Game and Valentine’s Day.
Tips for Making a Festive Holiday Cocktail
My real-life friends know I get pretty loopy if I drink more than one glass of wine, one of the perils of being a skinny chick. But when I entertain, I love to have a festive, specialty cocktail. These exquisite white cosmopolitans are a twist on the classic cosmopolitan cocktail, which contains vodka, lime juice, and orange liqueur like Cointreau or Grand Marnier, and vodka.
- For martinis, these babies are so smooth and tasty. Just be sure to use a top-shelf vodka and a lovely orange liqueur.
- The white cranberry juice can be difficult to locate, but worth the extra stop at your larger grocery store.
- These white cosmos are clear and rather lackluster without a garnish. A slice of lime, some fresh cranberries, or even Martha Stewart’s idea of a small white orchid (make sure it is pesticide-free) make for a much more festive cocktail!
- When serving a potent cocktail like these cosmopolitans, make sure to have plenty of munchies available to slow absorption.
I’m delighted to be joining up with some of my blogger pals today to share cocktail recipes…just in time for your Super Bowl festivities. I’ve had these White Cosmopolitans in my files for over a decade.
I spotted them on Martha Stewart’s website, garnished with a simple, small white orchid. That spectacular image stayed with me for years.
Now I’m thrilled to know that these white cosmopolitans taste as marvelous as they look. But beware, as with all martinis, they pack a punch. So please sip responsibly.
More Festive Cocktails
Depending on the season or occasion, there’s always an opportunity to serve a festive, specialty cocktail.
- Blood Orange Old Fashioned by Kelly Bakes
- St. Germain Gin and Tonic
- Pomegranate Cosmopolitan
- Peach Bellinis are an Italian classic
- Hawaiian Sunset Cocktail transports you to the tropics
- Fresh Peach Margaritas are a delightful summer cocktail
- Grand Marnier Mimosas are fun for a celebratory brunch
- French 75 Champagne Cocktail is my new favorite cocktail
- More Cocktail Recipes
You may need these supplies to make this White Cosmopolitans recipe:
- 1 cup white cranberry juice
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces Cointreau
- Garnish of choice, cranberries, lime or edible flowers
- Add juice, vodka and Cointreau to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into two martini glasses. Garnish as desired.
Serving Size:1 cocktail
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 22gProtein: 1g
UPDATE: giveaway closed and entry form removed
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by our sponsors, no bloggers have received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***