White Cosmopolitans: A smooth twist on the classic made with white cranberry juice.
When I entertain, I love to have a festive cocktail, and these exquisite White Cosmos fit the bill perfectly. Top with fresh cranberries for a holiday specialty drink!
Why You Must Make
- They’re a simple twist on the popular classic cosmopolitan recipe.
- Using a red cranberry garnish makes this cocktail ideal for the holidays!
- They’re mighty tasty!!!
- White Cranberry Juice – Ocean Spray makes a white cranberry version. Call larger grocery stores to inquire about their inventory.
- Vodka – A smooth, top-shelf version is ideal.
- Cointreau – May substitute Grand Marnier or Curaçao
- Garnish Options – Cranberries, lime or orange slices, or edible flowers. Sugared cranberries can be added to a cocktail pick.
My real-life friends know I get pretty loopy if I drink more than one glass of wine, one of the perils of being a skinny chick. But when I entertain, I love to have a festive, specialty cocktail. I saw this recipe on Martha Stewart’s website years ago and finally had a chance to whip them up for the holidays. These exquisite white cosmopolitans are a twist on the classic cosmopolitan cocktail.
- For martinis, these babies are so smooth and tasty. PRO-Tip: For the best results, be sure to use a top-shelf vodka and a lovely orange liqueur.
- Want to shake things up even more? Try replacing the Cointreau with St. Germain, an elderberry liqueur.
- The white cranberry juice can be difficult to locate, but worth the extra stop at your larger grocery store. I found a version made by Ocean Spray.
- These white cosmos are clear and rather lackluster without a garnish. A slice of lime or orange, some fresh cranberries, or even Martha Stewart’s idea of a small white orchid (make sure it is pesticide-free) make for a much more festive cocktail!
- When serving a potent cocktail like these cosmopolitans, make sure to have plenty of munchies available to slow absorption. As with all martinis, they pack a punch. So please sip responsibly.
Frequently Asked Questions
White cranberry juice is made from fresh cranberries, but instead of the deep red berries you’ve come to know, they are white. White cranberries are harvested before they develop their classic deep red color.
A White Cosmopolitan is made with White Cranberry Juice, Vodka, and Cointreau. A Classic Cosmopolitan is made with regular Cranberry Juice, Fresh Lime Juice, Vodka, and Cointreau.
You May Also Like:
Depending on the season or occasion, there’s always an opportunity to serve a festive, specialty cocktail.
- Peach Bellinis are an Italian classic
- Hawaiian Sunset Cocktail transports you to the tropics
- Fresh Peach Margaritas are a delightful summer cocktail
- Grand Marnier Mimosas are fun for a celebratory brunch
- French 75 Champagne Cocktail is my new favorite cocktail
- More Cocktail Recipes
A gorgeous cosmo made with white cranberry juice! Adapted from Martha Stewart
- 1 cup white cranberry juice
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces Cointreau
- Garnish of choice, cranberries, lime or edible flowers
- Add juice, vodka, and Cointreau to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well and strain into two martini glasses.
- Garnish as desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cocktail
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 22gProtein: 1g
37 Comments on “White Cosmopolitans”
I love how it turned out! The combination of flavors is so good!
This is such an elegant cocktail! It is bright and fresh and perfect for a special dinner!
I get something like this at a restaurant I love and then they closed! Now I can make one for myself at home!!!
This is one of favorite cocktails, it’s perfectly balanced.
First? Where was I that I didn’t see this and second? Why wasn’t I invited? I worked hard for that title of booze Queen!! 🙂
I just made a cocktail the other day that called for white cranberry juice; so exasperating trying to find it! So I left a message on the Ocean Spray Facebook page and they gave me a link to their store locator where you can search for which store has which product. Of course it was the only store I hadn’t tried!
Beautiful cocktail Liz and I now have the goods!
I just keep looking at this and smiling. It’s such a great drink, so pretty. Thanks again for doing this with me. I’m so happy we did this. I appreciate all the help.
When I saw the first photo, my first thought was “everybody in the pool!” those are happy cranberries there 😉
I’ve never had a white cosmo, but I might have to try it very soon.
How beautiful! We love white cosmos, maybe even with a touch of St. Germaine. 😉
I’m an “Old Fashion” kinda gal. 🙂
A classic margarita with really good ingredients!
Lizzie, you’ve knocked another out of the park, this looks fab!
Liz, your cocktail looks absolutely delicious! Yours is the first post I’ve read and now I see what a failure I am! I won’t go into the embarrassing details of my derailment but I appreciate your support and encouragement. It kept me from jumping off a tall building:) I am seeking help and hope to learn a few things so that I can participate in these things without embarrassing myself or descending into a shame spiral of self recrimination! Thanks for putting up with me!
I don’t I think I’ve ever seen white cranberry juice Liz. This cocktail looks so good. I love this cocktail event that’s going on. So much fun to follow!
This is definitely going on my Valentine/Birthday dinner for sous chef list!