Balsamic Raspberries with Mascarpone Cream
Balsamic Raspberries with Mascarpone Cream are elegant, delectable, bite-sized desserts and make a wonderful addition to any party menu!! You will leave everyone wanting more!
Why You Must Make
I made these individual desserts for a bloggers’ tapas challenge. My Balsamic Raspberries with Mascarpone Cream may not be customary, but I’m certain you’ll agree that they are delectable.
- This is a simple, yet impressive recipe.
- Served in Chinese soup spoons, the presentation is lovely.
- They are a refreshing addition to a dessert buffet.
The definition of tapas varies…but the term originated in Spain. Tapas are traditionally savory but the term tapas has morphed to encompass any snacks, canapés or finger foods and placing this concoction of sweet ingredients in a spoon does loosely make for “finger food.” No matter what you call these sweet bites, they’d be a fantastic addition to any cocktail party or even a Super Bowl gathering.
How to Make
These spoons of Balsamic Raspberries with Mascarpone Cream were a snap to make.
- Beat the mascarpone with some heavy cream, sugar and a splash of vanilla.
- Reduce the balsamic vinegar and sugar to a syrupy consistency.
- Drizzle over each spoonful of raspberries and cream.
Easy, right? Tasty? You bet! I hope you’ll find an excuse to make these balsamic raspberries with mascarpone cream.
- PRO-Tip: Use your cookie dough disher to make nice mounds of mascarpone cream in each spoon. Most cooking tools have multiple uses.
- PRO-Tip: Use a good quality, aged balsamic vinegar. It should be sweet and syrupy for the best flavor combination with the ripe berries.
- You can substitute any sweet, flavorful berry for the raspberries.
You May Also Like:
If you love raspberries as much as I do, you may like these Raspberry Streusel Bars, this Baked Brie with Raspberries or Dorie Greenspan’s Vanilla Financiers with Raspberries. And these Endive Cups with Blue Cheese and Raspberries are another easy, elegant appetizer!
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar (splurge on the best you can afford)
- 4 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-2 cups fresh raspberries
- Combine vinegar, 2 teaspoons sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan. Cook over medium till sugar dissolves, then bring to boil and reduce to about 1/4 cup. Cool completely.
- Combine Mascarpone, cream, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Beat till soft peaks form. Refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Put a scoop of Mascarpone cream into a flat bottom spoon (like a Chinese soup spoon) or shot glass.
- Top with 1-3 raspberries and drizzle with balsamic syrup.
Total time: 45 minutes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 83mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g