Baked Brie with Raspberries: A round of creamy Brie is wrapped in puff pastry along with fresh raspberries and rosemary for a spectacular party dish. This is my go-to Baked Brie Recipe as it’s such an easy, impressive appetizer recipe!
Baked Brie with Raspberries
This baked brie is one of my favorite appetizers. When I first made this Brie en Croute, I wasn’t sure about the combination of raspberries and rosemary, but it is lovely! We have a neighborhood ornament exchange tonight with the option of bringing a bottle of wine or an appetizer. I wasn’t going to miss a good excuse to have a few nibbles of this delightful hors d’oeuvre.
I’ve made this appetizer for my book club, dinner parties and taken it to numerous events. In fact, I made two of this Baked Brie with Jam in Denver for my sister’s massive art open house and had to give out the recipe!
How to Make This Baked Brie with Jam:
- Mix fresh raspberries with jam and minced fresh rosemary to top the Brie.
2. Remove the top rind of the Brie, place the Brie on a sheet of puff pastry and add the raspberry topping.
3. Fold the puff pastry over the Brie and trim away the excess. Use a cookie cutter to cut decorations from the puff pastry scraps if desired. Brush with the egg wash and bake as directed.
PRO-Tip: Remember that puff pastry puffs best when the puff pastry is cold and the oven is hot, so you may want to put the wrapped Brie in the fridge for a half-hour before popping it in the oven.
What is Brie en Croute?
Brie en croute is the French phrase for Brie in Crust. Brie is the soft, creamy French cheese with a rind that can be wrapped in puffed pastry and baked for a show-stopping appetizer!
Can Brie en Croute Be Made Ahead of Time?
Yes! To make this raspberry baked Brie ahead of time, just make and bake as directed, then refrigerate until a few minutes before you’d like to serve it. Reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or until the Brie is soft.
Do You Take The Rind Off Brie Before Baking?
It’s a personal preference. Removing the top rind will make it easier to scoop out servings, but it also could allow the melted Brie to ooze out of the pastry while it bakes.
What Do You Serve with Baked Brie?
Sturdy crackers are the classic pairing with a Brie en Croute, but garnishing with grapes and serving with slices of apples and pears are delicious options.
Where Can I Find Brie Cheese?
Brie is now readily available at most grocery stores with the cheeses in the refrigerated section. For this raspberry baked Brie, a high-quality Brie is not necessary. A round of Brie from 7-14 ounces will work well.
Enjoy! I hope this becomes a regular appetizer for when you’re entertaining guests. Nothing better than gooey Brie, sweet berries with jam and puff pastry!
More Delicious Appetizer Recipes:
- Baked Brie with Maple Roasted Cranberries from The View from Great Island
- Spinach Feta Pinwheels
- Brie en Croute with Cherries and Apricot Preserves
- Fiesta Corn Dip
- Easy Pesto Palmiers
- Pepperoni Pinwheels
- Apple Brie en Croute
- Antipasto Square
- Potato Blue Cheese Tartlets
- More Appetizer Recipes
This post was first shared in December 2010. Photos and text were updated in 2019.
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam or preserves
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (I recommend Dufour brand...I find it at Whole Foods)
- 13 ounces Brie (about 6-7 inches in diameter0)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Gently stir together jam, berries and rosemary in small bowl. Roll out puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 12 inch square. Cut rind off top of brie and discard. Place brie on center of puff pastry, cut side up. Spoon jam mixture on top. Fold pastry on top of brie...starting with two opposite sides, then the remaining two sides. Press along seams to seal. Brush pastry with beaten egg to glaze. Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake about 30 minutes, till golden brown. Let cool 20 minutes before serving. Place on a platter and surround with crackers or baguette slices. Garnish with fruit if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 46mg Sodium: 210mg Carbohydrates: 12g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 8g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g