Between our annual 4th of July cookout and our family Sunday suppers, there’s always room for terrific barbecued entrees, like these tasty grilled beef steak kabobs.
With a simple marinade for steak, these easy beef kabobs make a company-worthy entree!
Grilled Beef Steak Kabobs
This month’s Blogger CLUE theme is Grilling and Summer Barbecue. I was assigned the blog of my friend, Wendy. She is one busy lady as she and her husband live on a large acreage, raise chickens and other farm animals and try to be as self-sustainable as possible. As I perused A Day in the Life on a Farm, my first inclination was to make her gorgeous Strawberry Cake Roll.
But I was already planning to make my grasshopper pie and carrot cake for the 4th of July and I couldn’t justify another dessert, though I tried hard to rationalize a need for 3 sweets! I ended up making her marinated, then grilled beef steak kabobs, but also worked in her wonderful Strawberry Spinach Salad, which reminded me of my mom’s version with a sweet dressing and sesame seeds.
The simple steak marinade was a breeze to prepare with just soy sauce, Worcestershire, olive oil, garlic, and Italian seasoning. My family enjoyed these flavors and I appreciated an easy beef kabobs recipe.
Marinated Beef Steak Kabobs Recipe
For her beef kabobs, Wendy used a steak marinade utilizing Gourmet Garden’s herbs and garlic. I am a huge fan of their products. Since I didn’t have those on hand, I used her substitutions and grilled up some mighty tasty kabobs!
Tender and flavorful, no knife was needed. I included large pieces of red bell pepper as well as the mushrooms, onions, and beef on my skewers. Perfectly scrumptious results.
Easy Beef Kabobs
I also whipped up Wendy’s Strawberry Spinach Salad and added some slivered almonds and blue cheese to her recipe. I wanted to eat the leftovers for lunch so some protein was essential. But certainly, feel free to leave out those ingredients or add some chicken or your favorite nut if desired. I think I’ll leave out the poppy seeds next time, but that’s just a personal preference. It was a marvelous addition to our menu along with the Easy Beef Kabobs!
More Beef Recipes You’ll Love:
- Braised Cola Brisket
- Filet Mignon with a Red Wine Sauce
- Bacon-Wrapped Beef Tenderloin
- Instant Pot Short Ribs
- Classic Prime Rib
- All the Best Beef Recipes from my recipe index
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons.dried Italian seasoning
- 2 pounds sirloin steak or beef tenderloin cut into 1 1/2"- 2" chunks (1/4 -1/2 pound per person)
- Whole large mushrooms
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large pieces (about the size of your beef)
- Combine all ingredients up to the steak in a gallon Zip-topped bag and agitate to combine. Add the steak, remove excess air from bag and seal. Refrigerate for a few hours or up to overnight.
- Place the marinated beef, alternating with mushrooms, onions and peppers, on a skewer.
- Grill over med high heat to your desired temperature.
Total time does not include marinating time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 747Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 227mgSodium: 1191mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 69g