Three ingredients, a little stacking, and an overnight chill is all it takes to have an out of this world No-Bake Oreo Icebox Cake for dessert!
This super easy dessert is a breeze to prepare and will thrill the chocoholics and Oreo fans in your life. Add whipped cream and Oreo Thins to your shopping list and you’re set!
Oreo Icebox Cake
Oreos are a given at our house. They’re the go-to dessert when we’re out of my homemade treats, or gasp, when I’ve made something with nuts, mint, coconut or caramel. Double Stuf is the preferred variety, but the traditional Oreos will do. I had never purchased Oreo Thins before making this Oreo Icebox Cake, but they were readily available.
Tips for Making an Icebox Cake
An old fashioned icebox cake is basically layered chocolate wafers and whipped cream. The moisture of the cream softens the cookies as they chill overnight in the refrigerator. Nothing easier than a 2 ingredient, no bake dessert!
- All this Oreo Icebox Cake recipe entails is arranging these svelte Oreos on a plate, topping them with billowy whipped cream and repeating.
- I sweetened my whipped cream slightly, but feel free to leave out the sugar as the Oreos will provide plenty of sweetness.
- The most difficult part of this recipe is stacking the Oreos to make a level cake. Start with 3 Oreo Thins in the middle of your plate, then add a ring of 9 Oreos around those. Pipe on whipped cream and repeat.
- Use a piping bag with a star tip to apply the whipped cream if you want a more formal looking dessert. Alternatively, spread the whipped cream over each layer with an offset spatula.
- Carefully eye ball each layer to make sure they’re level before adding the next! The chief Oreo eater in the house gave this cake his hearty approval.
Two Sweetie Pies
Thanks again to my lovely friend, Danielle, for another magnificent recipe! She is my go-to blogger for decadent treats. I promise you will love whatever you try from her blog!!! We share a recipe from each other’s sites every second Monday of the month.
Check out Danielle’s take on Oreo Ice Box Cake as well as her social media sites! Plus make sure to stop by her blog and check out which of my recipes she made this month, too.
You Might Need:
- The Pampered Chef Easy Accent Decorator (this is what I used to pipe the whipped cream)
- KitchenAid 9-Speed Hand Mixer
More No-Bake Recipes You’ll Love:
- No Bake Pistachio Icebox Cake from Spend with Pennies
- Chocolate Lasagna
- Strawberry Fool
- Classic No Bake Cookies
- Milk & Cookies Lasagna
- No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookie Icebox Cake
- Dessert Recipes
- 2 boxes Oreo Thins
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted, optional
- Beat the cream to soft peaks, adding sifted powdered sugar if desire.
- Arrange a layer of cookies on small, round cake plate, making a circle. I used 12 per layer.
- Spread or pipe on cream and repeat placing cookies in a circular pattern
- Chill overnight, then cut into slices and serve!
Total time does not include overnight chilling.