I made this decadent Chocolate Lasagna over Memorial Day weekend. With layers of chocolate pudding and cream over an Oreo crust, I knew it would be a major hit with my crew!
No-Bake Chocolate Desserts are perfect for the summer! What a fabulous way to cool off from the inside out! At least that’s my rationale for having a second slice!
No-Bake Chocolate Lasagna
My boys both went to the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 on Sunday and were wiped out from the festivities. It wasn’t until Monday before we gathered as a family, and I needed a spectacular dessert. It was a sultry weekend with temps more representative of August than May. A cool, no-bake dessert would be perfect. When I saw this Chocolate Lasagna on Danielle’s blog, Hugs & Cookies, I knew it would be a winner.
How to Make a Chocolate Lasagna Recipe
Danielle’s recipe calls for Cool Whip which, unfortunately, leaves me with a headache after indulging. Luckily, a doctored up whipped cream works fine as a replacement. I’d love to make this with homemade chocolate pudding, too, but the instant sure is convenient. As I predicted, the whole darn family declared this no-Bake Chocolate Dessert a winner!
Two Sweetie Pies
Thanks again to my lovely friend, Danielle, for another magnificent recipe! She is my go-to blogger for decadent treats. I promise you will love whatever you try from her blog!!! We share a recipe from each other’s sites every second Monday of the month.
Check out Danielle’s take on this dessert lasagna as well as her social media sites! Make sure to check out which of my recipes she made this month, too.
More Fabulous Chocolate Desserts:
- Chocolate Pudding Pie from Melanie Makes
- Candy Bar Cheesecake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Fudge Pecan Pie from Inside BruCrew Life
- Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Bundt Cake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Tacos from Love from the Oven
- More Chocolate Recipes
- 1 package Oreos (36 cookies)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 – 3.9-ounce packages Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 3 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Pulse Oreos in the food processor until crumbs.
- Stir in the butter and press into a 9 x 13-inch pyrex or baking dish.
- Chill a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixer, beat cream cheese fluffy. Add the milk and sugar and mix until combined. Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread slightly less than half the cream cheese mixture over Oreo crust.
- Mix the pudding mixes with the cold milk whisk to combine. When thickened, spread over cream cheese layer. Chill for 5-10 minutes.
- Carefully spread the rest of the cream cheese mixture over the pudding. I place a lot of small dollops across the surface and use an offset spatula to spread.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the top of the dessert.
- Chill several hours or overnight before serving.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g