Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Bundt Cake
Cheesecake stuffed chocolate bundt cake is a trifecta of deliciousness: A rich chocolate cake, cheesecake filling, and ganache glaze.
This Chocolate Bundt Cake with Sour Cream is perfect for birthdays and special occasions, yet easy enough for a family dinner! Scroll down for tips for making perfect Bundt cakes.
Why You Must Make
- Bundt cakes are super easy to make, especially with a stand mixer.
- Chocolate always goes over well, too, at least with my family and friends.
- Plus, this chocolate Bundt cake has a cheesecake ribbon running through it, an exquisite layer in each slice! It’s a beauty of a cake!
After one bite, one of my non-baker gal pals asked if I thought this was easy enough for her to make. That’s the ultimate compliment. I assured her that I was only a couple of blocks away and could walk her through the process. My family loved this cake as well, even the persnickety daughter who usually shies away from chocolate desserts.
A Bundt cake is an easy way to make a dessert for a crowd. No layers to frost and it slices like a dream. But you’ll want to make sure your cake comes out in one piece, so I’m sharing some hints to making the perfect Bundt cake.
- PRO-Tip: Prep your pan properly so your Bundt cake releases in one piece. If you have a newer non-stick Bundt pan, a flour-oil cooking spray like Baker’s Joy is usually adequate. Just spray right before you add the batter so the spray does not puddle at the bottom.
- If you have an older pan or one where the non-stick coating is worn off, try coating the inside of the pan with shortening, then dusting it with flour. Tap out any excess flour and inspect the pan to make sure all the nooks and crannies are coated.
- This double coating works better than a spray-on all pans. If that does not work, you may need to bite the bullet and purchase a new Bundt pan.
- PRO-Tip: Look for a recipe with sour cream which adds moisture and a touch of acidity to balance the sweetness. Plus, the acid works on the gluten bonds in the flour, helping to tenderize the cake. This chocolate Bundt cake with sour cream has a lovely moist crumb!
- PRO-Tip: Do not overfill your pan. About 2/3- 3/4 full is perfect. Any more than 3/4 full, it’s bound to overflow in the oven as it’s baking and nobody wants to deal with that mess!
- Check the cake with a toothpick about 5 minutes before your timer goes off. Inserted in the middle, the toothpick should come out clean or with just a few crumbs. If the toothpick has batter on it, return the cake to the oven and continue baking and rechecking at 5-10 minute intervals. You’ll also smell the delicious aroma of a chocolate cake a few minutes before the cake is done.
- Place the baked cake on a cooling rack. PRO-Tip: Cool for about 15 minutes before inverting and releasing the cake onto the rack to finish cooling. I give the pan a little jiggle back and forth to make sure it’s loosened, then place the cooling rack on top before flipping. If you wait too long the cake will adhere to the sides of the pan and will be difficult to release.
- If worse comes to worst and you have chunks break off in the pan, you can remove them carefully and reinsert them into the cake. Frosting will cover any flaws. And you can always cut the cake apart and make a trifle!
- Nordic Ware Platinum Collection Bundt Pan, 10-15 Cups (Affiliate Links)
- KitchenAid 9-Speed Hand Mixer
- Cooling Rack
You May Also Like:
- One Bowl Chocolate Cake from Valerie’s Kitchen
- Flourless Double Chocolate Cake
- Kahlua Bundt Cake
- White Chocolate Bundt Cake
- More Best Cake Recipes
Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Bundt Cake
Cheesecake stuffed chocolate bundt cake is rich and decadent chocolate cake, stuffed with creamy homemade cheesecake filling, topped with a layer of chocolate ganache.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (I used Ghirardelli)
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Mini Chocolate Chips, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray the Bundt pan (I used my 10-inch diameter, 12 cup capacity Nordic Ware Bundt Pan) with Bakers Joy or Pam with flour.
- To make filling, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add egg, vanilla, and flour. Beat well and set aside.
- To make the cake, place the cocoa and chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Add the boiling water and cover for 5 minutes Whisk smooth and Let cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, whisk in the sour cream..
- Meanwhile, in a mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients alternating with the chocolate mixture to the mixer. Start and end with the dry mixture, beating with each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pour less than half in the pan (I used about a third of the batter). Dollop the cream cheese along the center. Top with the rest of the batter.
- Bake approximately 45- 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out almost clean.
- Cool 10 minutes and flip out onto cooling rack. Let cool completely.
- To make glaze, whisk together cream and corn syrup in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until mixture starts to boil. Add in the chocolate and let rest for a few minutes. Whisk until smooth. Let cool to thicken slightly, then drizzle over top of the cake. Sprinkle with a few mini chocolate chips if desired. Cool before slicing.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 702Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 490mgCarbohydrates: 83gFiber: 4gSugar: 61gProtein: 10g
45 Comments on “Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Bundt Cake”
This was so good! Everyone at my house was impressed!
Such a delicious bundt cake! That ribbon of cheesecake is perfection!