Milk & Cookies Lasagna
Did you think lasagna was just a layered pasta entree? Nope, this dreamy Milk & Cookies Lasagna is an unforgettable, decadent dessert!
Milk & Cookies Lasagna
It’s my favorite day of the month! I hopped over to Hugs & Cookies XOXO and selected an easy, outrageously delicious dessert to share with you all. Have you heard of dessert lasagnas?
Danielle has loads of them on her blog, including S’mores Cookie Lasagna, a No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake Cookie Lasagna, and this Milk and Cookies Lasagna. With the hubby being a Chips Ahoy fan, I knew this Milk & Cookies Lasagna would be the first to add to my repertoire!
Easy Peasy No-Bake Dessert!
This is the perfect warm-weather dessert. Absolutely NO baking involved. Just layer store-bought chocolate chip cookies lightly dipped in milk and Cool Whip. Or if you’re like me, you’ll take it to the next level with a Cool Whip substitute made of whipped cream, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
Let me tell you, this is a must make. But if you’re in a hurry, no worries. A tub of Cool Whip is a speedy alternative. I saved a few cookies to break apart and sprinkle over the top of the dessert plus a drizzle of premium hot fudge sauce for an enticing presentation!
How to Make Stabilized Whipped Cream or a Cool Whip Substitute
My friend, Lynne, at 365 Days of Baking, has a terrific recipe for a Cool Whip Substitute. Made with cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and cream, you avoid the abundance of artificial ingredients in Cool Whip. If you are a fan of the whipped topping in a tub, go ahead and use it. This dessert lasagna recipe is super simple either way.
Two Sweetie Pies
Thanks again to my lovely friend, Danielle, for another magnificent recipe! She is my go-to blogger for decadent treats. I promise you will love whatever you try from her blog!!! We share a recipe from each other’s sites every second Monday of the month. I took this to a church gathering and it was a major hit! My family raved about the few nibbles that they tasted, too. I know you’ll love this!!!
Check out Danielle’s social media sites! Plus make sure to stop by her blog and check out which of my recipes she made this month, too.
Have you ever made a dessert lasagna??
Homemade Cool Whip:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 23-ounce package Chips Ahoy Cookies
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 8-ounce container of Cool Whip or use ingredients listed above to make a homemade version
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Hot fudge sauce
- Make the Cool Whip substitute by beating the cream cheese with the powdered sugar and vanilla until soft and fluffy.
- In another bowl, beat the heavy cream just until soft peaks form. They need not be stiff. Add the cream cheese and beat together until stiff. Use immediately to make the lasagna or store covered in the refrigerator.
- One at a time, quickly dip a cookie into the milk, then layer the bottom of a glass 8 x 8-inch pan with cookies.
- Spread half the Cool Whip over cookies.
- Repeat by dipping cookies, layering over Cook Whip and topping the second layer of cookies with the rest of the Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle with broken cookie pieces, then sprinkle chocolate chips over the top, if desired.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours. Drizzle with fudge sauce to serve.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 724Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 334mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 3gSugar: 45gProtein: 8g