Brownie Drop Cookies: If you love brownies, you’ll fall for these exquisite chocolate cookies filled with chocolate disks!
This rich, chewy Chocolate Cookie Recipe is enhanced by decadent semisweet and white chocolate chips or wafers! Heaven in every bite!
Chewy Brownie Cookies
These brownie drop cookies were one of my early Food Network recipe finds. I knew they’d be marvelous as soon as I took a nibble of the batter…it tasted just like brownies. Besides being a simple drop cookie (I love when no shaping or rolling is involved), I loved that these babies had both semi-sweet and white chocolate chips mixed into the dough. These are truly a family favorite, so I dragged the recipe out of the archives to share with you all again.
Chewy Chocolate Cookie Recipe
I whipped up two of my tried and true cookie recipes to add to a tray of goodies for Bill’s nursing staff on the two wards where he was an inpatient. They took extra good care of their VIP patient, putting him at the end of the hall in both units to keep the gawkers out. He had to giggle when one of the staff told him he was the spitting image of someone who worked in the hospital. Bill replied, “Really?” And when asked if he had a relative on staff, he honestly replied no.
Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Cookes
So those of you who’ve been following me from day one, may recognize a couple of these rerun recipes. But these brownie drop cookies are definitely worth repeating. Be sure to add these to your cookie repertoire, too. My family always prefers rich chocolate cookies, but I’m a fan of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and white chocolate treats like these white chocolate raspberry bars!
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or discs
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips or discs
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl, starting with 60 seconds, stirring, then heating and stirring in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Add sugar; mix well. Add the eggs and mix until combined. Add the vanilla.
- Add the flour and mix until incorporated. Add chocolate chips and mix until well distributed.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. The centers should still look underbaked. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cooling rack.