Classic Vanilla Spritz Cookies are the most versatile treats around! With loads of cookie press disks from which to choose, color and sprinkle options, they can be tailored for any holiday or event!
Classic Vanilla Spritz Cookies
My dear mother-in-law gave me a cookie press many moons ago. She was a kind and thoughtful gift giver and she knew I loved kitchen gadgets. But this is one gadget that is lost somewhere in my house. Probably deep in one of my pantries. Which is just one of the reasons I was delighted to partner with OXO again this year for their #OXOGoodCookies campaign. OXO has been my go-to brand for quality kitchen tools for years.
They kindly sent me this fabulous Cookie Press with Disk Storage Case along with a bonus Cookie Press Autumn Disk Set. The cookie press makes consistently shaped cookies with a simple pump of the large, comfortable lever.
Their unique micro-textured Non-Stick Pro Cookie Sheet made the transfer of dough to the baking sheet a heck of a lot easier than with an ordinary smooth sheet pan. Those little bumps on the surface grabbed the dough, which was invaluable on the hot humid day I decided to turn on the oven and bake (head slap!). This cookie sheet also assisted with even baking, and the over-sized edge made for easy gripping.
OXO’s Silicone Cookie Spatula allowed for moving the cookies to the cooling rack with ease! I can highly recommend all these baking products. Perfect for making these melt in your mouth, classic vanilla spritz cookies! They were buttery and oh, so tasty! I’ll be making wreaths sprinkled with green sugar for the holidays!
Bill, AKA the picky hubby, raved, and I mean raved about these vanilla spritz cookies. I think I’ve finally found the perfect spritz recipe, rich, buttery and so easy to pop a dozen in your mouth in record time!
Even more important was the cause behind OXO’s cookie campaign. In 2011, they formalized a partnership to support Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. Each year since then, OXO has pledged to donate up to $100,000 to help fight childhood cancer. They’ve enlisted bloggers and will donate $100 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer for each blog post that utilizes some of OXO’s terrific baking tools! Can you see why I love OXO???
On a personal note, I worked as an RN on an adult hematology-oncology ward for a number of years. So I’m all well aware of how devastating diseases like leukemia and lymphoma wreak havoc on patients and their loved ones. Seeing children suffer from cancer is especially heartbreaking. So I was honored to join some fellow bloggers to Bake a Difference with OXO for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer.
Used in This Recipe:
- OXO Good Grips Cookie Press
- OXO Non-Stick Pro Cookie Sheet
- OXO Autumn Disk Set
- OXO Silicone Cookie Spatula
More Buttery Cookies You’ll Love:
- Easy Shortbread Cookies (Cookie Press) from Spend with Pennies
- Butterscotch Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Lemon Cookie Recipe from A Spicy Perspective
- Cranberry Pistachio White Chocolate Shortbread from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Butter Swirl Shortbread Cookies from Fifteen Spatulas
- Italian Wedding Cookies from Little Ferraro Kitchen
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe to your cookie, dessert or holiday board so you can bake up these gems whenever the mood strikes!
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
- Wish the egg, cream and vanilla in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Add the yolk mixture and beat until combined. On low speed, slowly add flour and mix until just combined.
- Fill your cookie press and pipe cookies about 1 1 /2 inches apart.
- Bake until golden, about 10-12 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet about 10 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
Serving Size:3 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 72mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g