Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing is a lighter meal that won’t disappoint. This month’s Blogger CLUE theme is Healthy Eats and I found this healthy Asian salad recipe on Sew You Think You Can Cook, my assigned blog for January.
Copy Cat Thai Salad Recipe from the California Pizza Kitchen
I’m surprised I haven’t eaten the popular Thai Crunch Salad when dining at a California Pizza Kitchen, but I’m glad I got to try this recipe. Whether or not it’s an exact duplicate, it sure is a spectacular lunch salad! And with all those veggies, it has to be a little healthy, right? I adapted the recipe just a wee bit, by adding in the optional cucumber, avocado, and chicken. I also upped the flavor in the dressing by adding some sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Delish!!!
Lauren of Sew You Think You Can Cook and I both belong to the Sunday Supper group of bloggers, so I’ve been to her blog many times and was excited to search out a healthy recipe. Besides this yummy Thai Salad, I was also tempted by her Brussels Sprouts Salad with Caramelized Onions. Lauren retired from her Aerospace Engineering job to raise 2 sons and resides in Ohio. Besides cooking, she’s a talented quilter and cross stitcher. This girl can do it all!!! Make sure to pop over and say hello!
Blogger CLUE Participants:
- Apricot Muffins by Azmina from Lawyer Loves Lunch
- Broccoli Stalk Feta Salad by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Citrus Shrimp by Lauren from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Couscous with Chicken and Vegetables by Sue from A Palatable Pastime
- Ginger-Citrus Grilled Salmon by Kathy from A Spoonful of Thyme
- Irish Seafood Cocktail by Kate from Kate’s Kitchen
- Massaged Kale Salad by Anna from annaDishes
- Mediterranean Chopped Salad by Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Orange Banana Matcha Smoothie by Kim from Liv Life
- Red Lion Inn Swordfish by Lea Ann from Cooking on the Ranch
- Roasted Carrots and Cauliflower (with a kick) by Debra from Eliot’s Eats
- Sophie’s Chopped Salad by Rebekah from Making Miracles
- Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Bean Chili by Lisa from Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- Winter Salad of Roasted Beets, Avocado and Grapefruit by Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Tools Needed to Make Thai SaladPrint
Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing
This Thai-inspired salad is as beautiful as it is delicious!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Salad, Entree
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Asian, Thai
For the salad:
- 1 romaine heart, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup shelled, frozen edamame, thawed
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 3-4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2-1 cup chopped cooked chicken
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- Toss all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Put peanut butter, vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce, syrup, and ginger in a blender. Blend until combined. Add the oils and blend until combined. Add 3 tablespoons of the water and blend until combined. Add the last tablespoon if a thinner consistency is desired.
- Divide salad onto serving plates and individually dress each salad as desired.
Lauren adapted this recipe from Kelley at http://www.mountainmamacooks.com/2015/06/thai-crunch-salad/