Raspberry Filled White Chocolate Bars hit all the marks! Buttery white chocolate laden dough, raspberry filling, more dough along with a flourish of sliced almonds made for a delectable treat.
These delightful raspberry bars were brought to a neighborhood cookie exchange years ago, then I made them for a blogger cookie exchange in 2011. They continually get rave reviews and can be enjoyed all year long!!
Raspberry Filled White Chocolate Bars
Each year I attend a number of cookie exchanges and always come home with at least one new, spectacular recipe. My sweet friend and neighbor, Sally, baked these amazing Raspberry Filled White Chocolate Bars for one of our holiday exchanges a few years back. They combine some of my favorite flavors: white chocolate, almond and raspberries.
And the bonus of making bar cookies is that there’s no need to scoop and bake numerous batches. These are perfect for picnics, potlucks, cookie exchanges and more. I schlepped a batch in my suitcase when I flew to Colorado in June for a little holiday with 5 dear friends. I cut the squares seen below in half so we could all indulge in a wee bit of something sweet after dinner.
Tips for Making These Raspberry Bars
I line my baking pans with non-stick foil. This prevents the jam from welding itself onto the side of the pan and making it impossible to remove the bar cookies. It’s also useful as a sling to remove that bar cookies as a whole to a cutting board to slice.
Melting chocolate is easy in the microwave. Just take it slow. I use 15-30 second increments, stopping to stir before starting again. The residual heat will continue to melt the chocolate, so it’s OK to pull it out of the microwave when there are a few soft pieces visible in the mixture.
Toasting your almonds brings out the natural oils and therefore more flavor. Whether you do it in a non-stick pan or in the oven, watch your nuts very carefully as they can burn easily. Stir occasionally, especially when you toast these very thin sliced almonds.
More Raspberry Desserts
- Raspberry Cream Scones
- Raspberry Mascarpone French Toast
- Chocolate Raspberry Pavlova
- Fresh Raspberry Crisp
- Raspberry Topped Mini Cheesecakes
- White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake
- Peach Raspberry Galette
- Lattice Topped Raspberry Pie
- Plus More Bar Cookie Recipes
This recipe was first posted in December, 2011. The photos and text were updated in 2019.Print
Raspberry Filled White Chocolate Bars
White chocolate bars with a raspberry jam filling and sliced almond garnish!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Bar Cookies
- Method: Melting, Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped (about 2 cups total), divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam (I used a combination of red and black raspberry jams)
- Preheat oven to 325º. Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with non-stick foil or grease and flour pan.
- Toast the almonds by cooking over low heat in a saucepan, stirring frequently, till lightly colored and fragrant. Set aside.
- Melt butter with 1 cup of the white chocolate chunks in microwave. Start, stop and stir every 30 seconds till smooth and melted. Set aside.
- Beat eggs till light and foamy. Add sugar and continue to beat till lemon colored. Stir in white chocolate mixture. Add flour, salt and almond extract and mix just till combined. Spread half of dough into prepared pan and bake 15-20 minutes till light brown.
- Add remaining chocolate chunks to remaining batter.
- Carefully spread jam over warm crust (gently warm jam if it isn’t a spreadable consistency). Spoon remaining batter over jam. Some jam may show through batter. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake for 30-40 more minutes or till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Cut into bars.
Recipe from my friend, Sally, via Nestlé