This Loaded Baked Potato Soup is perfect for your fall entertaining! Hearty and delicious with toppings of bacon, sour cream and cheese will please your family and your guests.
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Make It Your Own
Give this loaded baked potato soup a try. My countdown to spring has begun. How about you?
More Hearty Soups You’ll Love:
- Hearty Italian Vegetable Beef Soup from Barefeet in the Kitchen
- Chicken Jambalaya Soup from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Hearty Mushroom, Farro and Ginger Soup from Cookin’ Canuck
- Chicken Wild Rice Soup from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup from Reluctant Entertainer
- Tomato Tortellini Soup from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Comfort Food Soup and Stew Recipes #SundaySupper
- “Make it Your Own” Soup Bar by The Freshman Cook
- Baked Potato Soup by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cabbage and Kielbasa Soup by Our Good Life
- Chicken and Dumplings by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup by Pies and Plots
- Gnocchi, Sausage & Spinach Soup by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Habitant Pea Soup by What Smells So Good?
- Instant Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice Soup by Sunday Supper Movement
- Meatball and Orzo Soup by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Milchnudeln (German Milk Noodles) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Mushroom Fennel Soup by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pasta Fagioli Soup by Soulfully Made
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili by Cricket’s Confections
- Crock Pot Chicken Posole by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Smoky Chicken-Potato Soup by The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Brazilian Seafood Stew with Coconut Milk by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Spicy Lentil Soup with Swiss Chard by Cooking Chat
Baked Potato Soup
A creamy potato soup garnished like a baked potato!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced onion, softened in water
- 6 cups milk
- 1/2-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Crumbled bacon, sliced scallions or chives, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese for garnish
- Wash potatoes and prick with a fork. Bake at 400º for one hour or till soft. When cool enough to handle, cut in half and remove pulp.
- Melt butter in large pan. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for one minute. Gradually add milk while stirring; cook over medium heat till thick and bubbly.
- Add reserved pulp, salt and pepper, onions, and cheese. Heat thoroughly, adding extra milk to thin if necessary. Recheck seasonings and add more salt and pepper if needed
- Ladle into bowls and garnish as desired.
- Calories: 863kcal
- Sugar: 21g
- Sodium: 897mg
- Fat: 43g
- Saturated Fat: 26g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 97g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 26g
- Cholesterol: 119mg
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.