These Easy Twice Baked Potatoes are a snap to throw together. The hubby is always thrilled to see these jazzed up spuds on the menu! Perfect for Father’s Day or any day.
This Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe has become one of the family’s favorite potato recipes. Can you blame him? Cheesy and comforting, they’re absolutely delicious!
Easy Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
I think these easy twice baked potatoes get nearly the same swoons as any one of the marvelous desserts I make. When Bill arrives home from work, it’s only a matter of minutes before he asks, “What’s for supper????”
If these cheesy spuds are on the menu, invariably he’ll respond, “I love those.” And it’s my little secret how simple these are to throw together.
How to Make Twice Baked Potatoes
Just bake off your potatoes earlier in the day and let them cool.
Then, about an hour before dinner, slice off the tops and hollow them out, removing as much pulp while keeping a stable shell of the skin. Reserve that pulp!
Mix the pulp with a few other ingredients. Think about adding some bacon, too!
Pop your twice baked potatoes in the oven to heat and melt the cheese–it’s as easy as that!
More Potato Recipes You’ll Love:
- Thin Crispy French Fries from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Potatoes au Gratin from Spend with Pennies
- Hasselback Potatoes from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Oven Roasted Potatoes from Valerie’s Kitchen
How to Bake a Perfect Potato
When making this Twice Baked Potatoes recipe, you’ll want a perfectly baked potato! High heat gives you the ideal baked potato with crisp skin and a fluffy interior. I preheat my oven to 425º, prick the potato skin a few times with the point of a knife or fork, pop it right on the oven rack and bake for 45-60 minutes or till a knife can be inserted easily.
Microwaving works in a pinch, but there’s nothing better than the contrast between the skin and soft interior that comes from a longer baking time in the oven. Choosing the right variety of potato is imperative, too.
A russet gives the proper texture, where a red potato has a denser, more waxy interior and won’t work as well as a baker/russet. And make sure you look for the Idaho® Potatoes logo on your bag of potatoes. I didn’t think I could tell the difference, but the quality is truly obvious when tasting an Idaho® Potato.Print
Easy Twice Baked Potatoes
Easy twice baked potatoes that will get rave reviews every time! Feel free to adapt them as you desire. Add chopped bacon, different cheeses–the options are endless
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking, Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- 2 medium russet potatoes, baked and cooled to room temperature ( Idaho® Potatoes recommended)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (I use Morton’s Nature’s Seasoning)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 tablespoon butter, shredded
- Chopped fresh chives, to garnish, optional
- Paprika, optional
- Cut a slice off the top of each baked potato. Remove potato pulp without cutting through the skin (you’ll want sturdy sides so don’t remove too much). Place pulp in a bowl and mix with other ingredients except for chives. Taste for seasoning and add more seasoning salt and/or salt and pepper if needed.
- Bake at 350º till heated through, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chives and paprika if desired and serve hot.
If you bake your potatoes ahead of time and it will be longer than 2 hours before they go back into the oven, please refrigerate.
Disclosure: Idaho® Potatoes supplied me with two varieties of potatoes . I was not compensated for writing this post and the opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Idaho® Potatoes.