A flower of artfully placed strawberry slices makes this Strawberry Topped Chocolate Tart both delicious and irresistible!
Strawberry Topped Chocolate Tart
Hooray, it’s time for the monthly Chocolate Party, hosted by Roxana’s Home Baking. Each month we pair a different ingredient with chocolate and share via a linky party. You are most welcome to contribute if you bake a chocolate and strawberry dish and blog about it this May. Scroll down to check out the rules. I made a simple chocolate tart and bedazzled it with fragrant ripe strawberries.
To make this Strawberry Topped Chocolate Tart even easier, you can buy a pre-made pie crust either in a tin or fit the rolled version into your tart pan. Bake as instructed and the rest is a cinch. Fill with chocolate ganache, then top with your favorite fruit. Besides strawberries, sliced bananas or luscious red raspberries would taste amazing. If the berry design looks intimidating, just slice off the stem ends of your strawberries and arrange them flat side down…the result will be just as stunning, just a bit trickier to slice.
Tips for Assembling a Fruit Tart
I assembled mine the day before I served it and had to mop up some liquid from the berries before slicing. Not a huge inconvenience, but you can avoid this by topping and glazing on the same day you plan to indulge. Just go ahead and make the tart the day before, then garnish a few hours before you plan to serve it. No damage control necessary!
If you don’t want a pastry crust, make a graham cracker or chocolate cookie crust.
Substitute fresh raspberries or other fruit if the strawberries are lackluster when you’re grocery shopping.
I like using red currant jelly to glaze my red-colored fruit. Any red-colored jelly will work. It gives a lovely sheen, like a dessert from a fine bakery!
I took this Strawberry Topped Chocolate Tart to a family gathering (where it disappeared in a flash), and I know both my sisters-in-law could easily whip this one up. I hope to hear their success stories soon!
More Strawberry Desserts You’ll Love:
- Strawberry Tarts
- Cream Cheese Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- Strawberry Lemon Tart
- Mile High Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Angel Food Dessert
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- Strawberry Pie Dessert
- More Best Dessert Recipes
- Baked 9 inch tart shell (use your favorite crust recipe or buy a premade pie shell)
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 ounces ripe strawberries*, sliced (I saved the outer slices for a fruit salad)
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- Place the chopped chocolate in a heat-proof bowl. Heat the heavy cream till it just starts to simmer. Pour cream over chocolate and let sit for a few minutes. Stir till chocolate is smooth and melted. Mix in vanilla. Pour into the tart shell and refrigerate till filling is firm.
- An hour or two before serving, arrange sliced berries in concentric circles starting on outside of tart. Melt the jelly in the microwave, then whisk until smooth. Cool for about 10 minutes, then brush over berries to glaze. Keep tart refrigerated.
Total time does not allow for baking your tart shell or chilling time.