Strawberry Angel Food Dessert is a no-bake, berry laden treat that’s light, luscious and heavenly!
It’s finally warming up around here and a no-bake strawberry dessert was one delicious dessert option. With angel food cake, berries and cream, this was a keeper.
Strawberry Angel Food Dessert
In case you aren’t a regular blog reader, you may not know that I have no kitchen at the moment. Zilch. It’s stripped to the studs and I’ve been pulling odds and ends of frozen leftovers from our basement freezer for dinner. Not very exciting and I was getting antsy to make a dessert. Without a dishwasher. Yes, crazy town around here.
This strawberry angel food dessert fit the bill. My family loves strawberry desserts, like this Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie!
Made with fresh berries, my homemade version of Cool Whip, cubes of angel food cake and a little help from a box of jello, making this sweet treat was worth the risk of dish pan hands! Whether or not you have an oven, this strawberry dessert is a winner.
No-Bake Strawberry Dessert
As the temps climb, you won’t want to heat up your house when that dessert craving hits. No-bake recipes are the perfect solution.
Using a couple shortcuts, like store-bought angel food cake and a box of jello make this a slick dessert to throw together. The strawberry jello enhances the berry flavor plus helps the whipped cream stabilize. The cake adds the structure and another texture to the mix.
I put this together in my makeshift kitchen in the basement, which is basically a card table with a hot plate. Next to the circuit breaker and sump pump. Classy, eh? The hand washing is the pits. But I’m seeing progress so hope I’ll have a spankin’ new kitchen in a couple of months.
More No-Bake Desserts You’ll Love:
- No-Bake Coconut Cream Lush Dessert from Belly Full
- No-Bake Dessert Recipes Round-Up from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- No-Bake Baileys Chocolate Pie from Wine and Glue
- No-Bake Oreo Icebox Cake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pink Lemonade No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes from Rachel Cooks
You Might Like:
- 9 x 13-inch pan – For when you want to serve this dish to company
- Hand mixer – I love this for whipping cream
- Nesting bowls – Perfect for mixing and mise en place.
Is there a No-Bake dessert recipe that you and your family love? Let me know all about it in the comments!Print
Strawberry Angel Food Dessert
A scrumptious no-bake strawberry dessert!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 3 ounce package strawberry jello
- 1 pound strawberries, frozen
- 1 small angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Add whipped cream and beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
Dissolve jello in 1 1/4 cups boiling water, add frozen strawberries and stir. Fold in whipped cream mixture.
Gently fold in cubed cake and scrape mixture out into a 9 x 13-inch pan. Smooth top with an off-set spatula. Chill until set.
Total time does not include chilling time.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. I earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links at no extra cost to you.