Strawberry Angel Food Dessert
Strawberry Angel Food Dessert is a no-bake, berry-laden treat that’s light, luscious, and heavenly! It’s easy to make with Simple Ingredients!
It’s finally warming up around here and a no-bake strawberry dessert was one delicious dessert option. With angel food cake, berries and cream, this was a keeper.
Why You Must Make
- This is a super easy, no-bake dessert!
- Plus, it’s a delicious, retro recipe that’s been popular for decades.
- But, instead of Cool Whip, I use some doctored-up whipped cream, making it even more delicious than the original!
In case you aren’t a regular blog reader, you may not know that I have no kitchen at the moment. Zilch. It’s stripped to the studs and I’ve been pulling odds and ends of frozen leftovers from our basement freezer for dinner. Not very exciting and I was getting antsy to make a dessert. Without a dishwasher. Yes, crazy-town around here.
This strawberry angel food dessert fit the bill. My family loves strawberry desserts, like this Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie!
Made with fresh berries, my homemade version of Cool Whip, cubes of angel food cake, and a little help from a box of jello, making this sweet treat was worth the risk of dishpan hands! Whether or not you have an oven, this strawberry dessert is a winner.
- As the temps climb, you won’t want to heat up your house when that dessert craving hits. No-bake recipes are the perfect solution.
- Using a couple of shortcuts, like store-bought angel food cake and a box of jello make this a slick dessert to throw together.
- PRO-Tip: The strawberry jello enhances the berry flavor plus helps the whipped cream stabilize.
- PRO-Tip: The cake adds the structure and another texture to the mix.
- Make sure to allow enough chilling time before indulging!
I put this together in my makeshift kitchen in the basement, which is basically a card table with a hot plate. Next to the circuit breaker and sump pump. Classy, eh? The handwashing is the pits. But I’m seeing progress so hopefully, I’ll have a spankin’ new kitchen in a couple of months.
You May Also Like:
- Pink Lemonade No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes from Rachel Cooks
- No-Bake Dessert Recipes Round-Up
- Oreo Icebox Cake
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- No-Bake Oreo Icebox Cake
- More of my Best Dessert Recipes
Shop the Recipe:
- (Affiliate Links) 9 x 13-inch pan – For when you want to serve this dish to company
- Hand mixer – I love this for whipping cream
- Nesting bowls – Perfect for mixing and mise en place.
Is there a No-Bake dessert recipe that you and your family love? Let me know all about it in the comments!
Love this recipe? Please consider rating it in the comments below. You can also follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM.
Strawberry Angel Food Dessert
A scrumptious no-bake strawberry dessert!
- 1 pound strawberries cut in half or quarters if large, tossed in sugar (unless they're nice and sweet) and frozen
- 13-ounce angel food cake, store-bought, cut ¾ of the cake into cubes (save the rest for another dessert!)
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 3-ounce package of strawberry jello
- Cut and freeze berries. Toss in a bit of sugar first if they're not sweet enough. When berries are frozen, proceed with the recipe.
- Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Add whipped cream and beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Dissolve jello in 1 ¼ cups boiling water, add frozen strawberries, and stir. Fold in the whipped cream mixture before the jello gels.
- Gently fold in the cubed cake and scrape the mixture out into a 9 x 13-inch pan. Smooth top with an offset spatula. Chill until set.
- You will need to freeze your strawberries before starting the recipe.
Total time does not include chilling time.
Adapted from Food.com
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 425mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 5g
26 Comments on “Strawberry Angel Food Dessert”
Such a delicious dessert! And I love that is a no bake recipe!
This was a huge hit at my house! My new favorite no bake dessert for summer!
I can’t believe how easy this was and boy was it GOOD!