Topping a peanut butter cookie with a caramel filled chocolate candy gave these Rolo Peanut Blossoms a spectacular caramel advantage over their ordinary counterparts!
Cookie of the Month
This month’s cookie assignment was peanut butter. I haven’t been able to participate in this group till this month and I was excited to dive in with these Rolo Peanut Blossoms. I make the more typical peanut blossoms every Christmas using a chocolate star instead of a Hershey’s Kiss, so I began pondering the alternatives. Since the candy is pressed into the cookie right out of the oven, and never actually baked, there were so many options. But caramel seems to win out when I’m in charge.
Peanut Butter + Caramel
If this is a new combination to you, let me tell you, it works! Warm from the oven you get some ooey gooey chocolate and caramel, but they’re just as scrumptious as they come to room temperature. These were a hit with my two chocolate-peanut butter fans, but the hubby reminded me for the umpteenth time that he doesn’t do peanut butter desserts. Oh, well. More for me!
More Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
Peanut Butter Cut-Out Cookies from Tastes of Lizzy T
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies from Bake or Break
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies from The Cooking Actress
Rolo Peanut Butter Blossoms from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprints from Crumb: A Food Blog
Peanut Butter and Syrup Cookies from Kelli’s Kitchen
Peanut Butter Compost Cookies from Gotta Get Baked
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Cups from 365 Days of Baking and More
Peanut Butter Cup Sandwiches from Posed Perfection
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup sugar
- 48 Rolo candies, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat together ½ cup sugar, brown sugar, softened butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, and salt and beat until well mixed. Add flour and baking soda and mix till combined, scraping bowl as needed.
- Place the ¼ cup sugar in a shallow bowl. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes till lightly browned. Immediately press one Rolo in the center of each cookie. Remove to cooling racks.