Our grill gets a major work out in the summer. Burgers, chicken, chops…anything is fair game. Flank steak is a family favorite, but it must be marinated. I spied this recipe for Korean Grilled Flank Stead in the Sunday paper when visiting my mother-in-law. Such a marvelous punch of flavor with the fresh grated ginger, soy and sriracha. You can tone down or amp up the spiciness by adjusting the hot sauce amount. Either way, it’s a perfect entree for your summer BBQ which happens to be this week’s Sunday Supper theme.
Flank steak comes from the abdominal muscles of the cow and is quite lean…and therefore can be very chewy if not prepared correctly. Marinating and cutting thin slices across the grain allow for this flavorful cut to be quite tender and tasty. We all loved this entree…and nary a word about the heat from the Asian chile laced condiment. Scroll down to check out all the tempting BBQ recipes brought to the table by this week’s Sunday Supper gang. Thanks to Jennie, of The Messy Baker Blog, for hosting us this week.
With Google Reader ending its service on July 1, you may want to follow my blog via Bloglovin. Just click on the Bloglovin button in my right side bar. Thanks!
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sriracha chili paste
- 1 flank steak
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all marinade ingredients, and mix well. Pour into a large ziploc bag and add flank steak. Seal and marinate at least 2 hours and up to overnight. Store in refrigerator.
- Prepare grill. Remove steak from marinade and pat dry. Sprinkle with black pepper to taste. Grill to desired doneness (medium rare preferred), about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Let meat rest about 10 minutes before slicing across the grain to serve.
Hot Off the Grill:
- Best Grilled Pork Chops by Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Bleu Cheese Burgers by Juanita’s Cocina
- Korean Grilled Flank Steak by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Swedish Blonde Burgers by Eat, Move, Shine
- Hawaiian Hot Dogs by La Cocina De Leslie
- BBQing the Whole Hog, Cuban Style by Webicurean
- Meat Stuffed Jalapenos by The Urban Mrs
- St. Louis Ribs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fish Kebabs with Mint Chutney by Soni’s Food
- Jalapeno Bacon Burgers by Cookin’ Mimi
- Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Bacon Burgers by In the Kitchen with KP
- Curried Pork Sliders with Peanut Sauce & Apple Slaw by Foxes Love Lemons
- Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breasts by Sustainable Dad
- Ditch Dogs by Daily Dish Recipes
- Bison Kabobs by Noshing With The Nolands
On the Side:
- Spicy Baked Beans by The Messy Baker
- Wisconsin Roasted Corn by Curious Cuisiniere
- German Potato Salad by The Foodie Army Wife
- Grilled Baby Potatoes With Peppers And Onions by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Sausage Potato Salad by girlichef
- Lightened Up Fully Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Homemade Mustards by A Stack of Dishes
- Spicy Grilled Corn Salad by Magnolia Days
- Layered California Pasta Salad by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Potato Salad by In Fine Balance
- Spicy Bacon and Corn Salad by Hip Foodie Mom
- Three Corns with Japanese Accents by Ninja Baking
- Cucumber Bruschetta by Healthy. Delicious.
- Chicken Spinach & Pasta Salad by Family Foodie
- Red, White & Blue Parfait by Country Girl in the Village
- Root Beer Float Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Gluten Free Brownies by Blueberries & Blessings
- Grilled Stone Fruit Parfait by Pescetarian Journal
- Blueberry Sorbet by Shockingly Delicious
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Tres Leches Cake by Happy Baking Days
- Beach Cupcakes by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Grilled Banana Dessert Bar by Home Cooking Memories
- Berries & Cream Pie by Treats & Trinkets
- Raspberry Lemonade Frozen Yogurt Pops by Runner’s Tales
- More S’mores by Growing Up Gabel
- Blackberry Peach Cobbler by Neighborfood
- Cornbread Cookies by Pies & Plots
- Funfetti Fluff Cheerio Treats by What Smells So Good?
- Pineapple Pudding by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
In the Cooler:
- Cherry Caipiroska by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Mint Tea Slushes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writing
- Prickly Pear Margaritas by Ruffles & Truffles
Join the #SundaySupper chat on twitter at 7 PM ET tonight. We tweet all day long and share recipes from across the globe. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets. Please check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more wonderful recipes and food photos.