Eggs are such a versatile ingredient. I go through dozens of eggs each month to use in desserts, but they’re just as fabulous in breakfast, brunch or even dinner recipes like this delectable Spinach Bell Pepper Frittata.
Spinach Bell Pepper Frittata
The hubby is out the door for work before 6 AM nearly every day. He’ll often joke asking me whether I’m planning to have his bacon and eggs hot and ready by the time he’s set for breakfast. Uh, no. But he does get lots of yummy blog leftovers.
Like this Spinach Bell Pepper Frittata that I made for Brunch Week. As my fellow food bloggers know, creating and photographing many dishes mid-day to take advantage of the natural light for photographs is ideal.
So my lunch on this particular day was a terrific, veggie-packed egg dish. Bill spotted the leftover frittata in the fridge and was quite chuffed when I told him it was fair game for breakfast the next morning.
How to Make a Frittata
A frittata is a nearly effortless egg dish that you start on the stovetop and finish in the oven. I love adding aromatics, veggies, and cheese. The options are limitless. For this frittata, I had a lovely stash of mini bell peppers from Baloian Farms, one of our sponsors, so I sliced up a couple along with a shallot and a couple of cups of baby spinach.
There were loads of options in my cheese drawer, but I selected some easy melting Muenster. A non-stick pan is ideal for this feat, but I managed just fine with my stainless steel saute pan.
The veggies were cooked till tender, the eggs were added and cooked briefly before the pan was popped in the oven till the frittata was puffed to perfection. Bill shared his gratitude for this terrific breakfast treat when he got home for dinner that night.
More Brunch Recipes You’ll Love:
- Fabulous Brunch Recipes from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Ham Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sliders
- Homemade Bagels
- The Best Cinnamon Rolls
- Baked Denver Omelet
- Glazed Poppy Seed Bread
- Sour Cream Pear Bread
- Spinach Mushroom Quiche
- More Brunch Recipes
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 mini bell peppers, sliced into rings with seeds removed, I used Baloian Farms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Muenster cheese
- 1 tablespoon basil, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Saute shallots and bell peppers in olive oil in a non-stick skillet till tender. Add spinach and saute till wilted. Stir in basil.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper and cheese and add to skillet. Cook over medium-low heat, and carefully lift the edges of the egg with your spatula (I recommended OXO Flip & Fold Omelet Turner) to let some of the uncooked egg flow under the fritatta. Cook for a couple minutes, then pop the pan in the oven and cook till puffed and slightly browned (time will vary depending on size of your pan, but mine took 10 minutes). Center should be look set.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 382mgSodium: 484mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g