Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail
I created this Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail for a holiday dinner club gathering, and it would be perfect to toast in the new year and more! Your guests will love this delicious and festive cocktail!
This Pomegranate Cocktail is a tasty way to celebrate any occasion!! This simple cocktail has just 5 ingredients, but the addition of bubbly champagne makes it perfect for any special occasion!
Why You Must Make
- When ruby red pomegranates start appearing on the scene, I know the holidays are upon us. I rarely make a “signature” drink for a gathering, but this Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail was for our dinner club. It was fun to go the extra mile.
- All you need are a few limes, some pomegranate juice, and Champagne and you are ready to roll.
- The base of the drink can be made ahead of time, in fact, it does need a 2-hour period in the fridge for the flavors to meld. Then when your guests arrive, all that’s required is the bubbly topper and a fruit garnish!
- Kitchen Staples – Sugar (superfine is best since it dissolves more easily)
- Grand Marnier – May substitute another orange liqueur like Cointreau or Triple Sec.
- Pomegranate Juice – I used POM brand.
- Fresh Lime Juice – Much better tasting than the bottled version.
- Chilled Champagne – No need to buy top-of-the-line, but don’t get the cheapest, either.
- Orange Slices, Pomegranate Arils – For garnishing, optional, but recommended if making for guests.
- When making Champagne cocktails, pour the Champagne down the side of a tilted glass. This will minimize the amount of champagne bubbles or fizz.
- Add a garnish to make the cocktail more festive. Use flavors from the cocktail. For example, the orange and pomegranate juice in the drink makes orange slices and pomegranate arils perfect garnishes.
- Cover the rim of your glasses in sugar for a sparkling touch. Colored sugars work well, too. Dip the rim of your glass in a shallow dish with water or juice then into a shallow dish of sugar.
- If you forget to chill your champagne, fill the kitchen sink with ice, water, and salt. Place the champagne bottle into the mixture for about 20 minutes making sure the bottle is nestled into the icy water.
- Another winner for the holidays is my recipe for Pomegranate Cosmos!!!
Frequently Asked Questions
One of the most famous Champagne Cocktails is a Mimosa which is made with orange juice, champagne, and occasionally an orange liqueur like Grand Marnier. There are numerous other champagne cocktails, but the main requirement is that it contains champagne.
If Champagne is out of your budget, you can substitute other less expensive sparkling wines like Prosecco or Cava.
Score through the peel around the pomegranate. Then with your fingers, pull the sides apart to reveal the pomegranate arils and membranes. Pry out the seeds with your fingers removing any membranes.
The Food Lover’s Companion describes the flavor of pomegranate arils as having “a sparkling sweet-tart” taste.
You May Also Like
- White Cosmopolitans
- French 75 Champagne Cocktail
- Fancy Free Cocktail from The Food Hunter’s Guide
- Baked Brie with Cabernet Cranberry Cherry Sauce from The Redhead Baker
- Champagne Yeast Brioche from Pastry Chef Online
- Lobster and Crab Chowder from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Beef Filet Steaks with Homemade Bearnaise Sauce from The Heritage Cook
- Puff Pastry Potato Roses from Mother Would Know
- Chocolate Orange Stout Cake with Orange Frosting from Creative Culinary
- 1 ¼ cups Grand Marnier
- 1 ¼ cups Pomegranate Juice (I used POM)
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar (whiz regular sugar in a food processor if needed)
- 4 cups chilled Champagne
- Orange slices, pomegranate arils for garnish, optional
- Whisk together Grand Marnier, pomegranate juice, lime juice, and sugar. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- To serve, fill glasses ½-¾ full with Grande Marnier mixture. Top with champagne and add garnishes if desired.
Serving Size:1 glass
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g