Oatmeal Craisin Cookies: Chewy oat cookies chock full of dried cranberries and incredibly delicious!
Oatmeal Craisin Cookies
This oatmeal cookies recipe was supposed to make 6 humongous cookies…crazy, huh? Instead, I used a small scoop and baked up nearly 4 dozen two-bite sized oatmeal craisin cookies. And these tasted like no other oatmeal cookie I’ve eaten…they were extraordinary.
The texture was nearly indescribable. Sublime. A touch of crispness on the exterior, but chewy and almost melt in your mouth deliciousness on the inside. I ate four before I knew it. Maybe I should have made the gargantuan version????
A Thomas Keller Oatmeal Cookie
And you know why these cookies were so incredible? It was a Thomas Keller recipe…yes, the famous chef and cookbook author. I have made the Chocolate Chip Cookies from his Ad Hoc at Home cookbook to rave reviews, so figured his oatmeal cookies would be a sure fire hit. In his Bouchon Bakery cookbook, where I spotted this recipe, Keller’s instructions stated to cream the butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes. Is that the secret? Who knows.
I suggest following the instructions exactly and, if you dare, divide the dough into 6 rounds and bake for about 20 minutes. You won’t regret blowing your diet for these. And, if you’re a fan, feel free to substitute back in some raisins which were called for in the original recipe.Print
Oatmeal Craisin Cookies
Incredibly delicious chewy oat cookies chock full of dried cranberries
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: 48 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 11 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 generous teaspoon vanilla paste (vanilla extract may be substituted)
- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup dried cranberries or Craisins
- Preheat oven to 325º. Line baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Place butter in the bowl of a stand mixer, Using paddle attachment, beat till light and creamy.Add brown sugar and sugar and mix for 3-4 minutes.Scrape down sides of bowl, then add egg and vanilla and mix on low till just incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low till just combined. Then mix in oats and cranberries.
- Using a small cookie disher, scoop out 2 teaspoons worth of dough. Roll into spheres if needed, then place on prepared baking sheets and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake about 8 minutes. Cool on baking sheet while the next batch bakes, then remove to cooling rack.
Adapted from Bouchon Bakery
And now I’d like to introduce you to my blogger friend, Mary Frances, of LOVE-the secret ingredient. She is launching a new business that I’m thrilled to promote. From her press release: Mary is committed to using her passion to give back. She has launched Mary’s secretingredients (MSI), a surprise subscription box service in which she will curate delicious, artisanal and gourmet ingredients to delight and inspire home chefs of all experience levels across the U.S. On an annual basis, 10% of profits will be donated to the worldwide organization Feed The Children, because, as Mary says, “No one should go hungry.”
Isn’t that wonderful? You can order your own box of gourmet goodies and contribute to a worthy cause at the same time. These secret ingredient boxes would make marvelous gifts for the foodies in your life, too. Every season, a limited number of these boxes will be available, and the deadline to order first batch is April 15. These boxes will be mailed on April 25. Wouldn’t this make a perfect after Easter thank you for the cook in your life? Mother’s Day present? Hostess gift for your favorite foodie? For $25.95, you can have culinary surprise box AND help in feeding those in need. Please check out Mary’s website for more information. I cannot wait to get my first box!!! And one of you lucky US readers will have the opportunity to win a box of your own! Just follow the Rafflecopter prompts below for numerous chances to enter. The winner will be notified by e-mail and has 48 hours to respond before another winner is selected. Make sure to answer the mandatory question to be considered for the giveaway.