M&M brownie cookies are soft chocolate cookies, full of M&M’s candies. This recipe is perfect to make with leftover Halloween candy!
M & M Brownie Cookies
We get oodles of trick or treaters at our door. I love to buy a variety of full-sized candy bars…and when my kids were little, I let them select one for themselves before the doorbell started ringing. Katie and Tom would choose Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Nick was more likely to pick Skittles. The hubby, my 4th kid, liked to confiscate some M&M’s or 3 Musketeers Bars. And I liked to set aside some of the candy that works well in cookies…and here’s where I reach for the M&M’s, too.
What to Do with Leftover Halloween Candy
At Easter, the white chocolate egg-shaped M&M’s go into brown butter M&M cookies, but at Halloween, I think brownie cookies dotted with classic M&M’s are perfect for my own goblins. A combination of white and dark chocolate chips works well in these brownies in cookie form, too. No matter which option you chose, these M&M Brownie Cookies will definitely be a crowd-pleaser. These chewy Classic M & M Cookies are also winners!
A couple of things to help you make the M&M Brownie Cookies recipe:
Tip of the Day: When making M&M cookies, reserve a few to add to the top of the cookies immediately after they come out of the oven for a prettier presentation.
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups M&M's (plus more to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl, starting with 60 seconds, stirring, then heating and stirring in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Add sugar; mix well. Add the eggs and mix until combined. Add the vanilla.
- Add the flour and mix until incorporated. Add the M&M's and mix until well distributed.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. The centers should still look underbaked. If desired, immediately press a few M&M's into hot cookies to garnish. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
Adapted from recipe by Caprial Pence.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4127 Total Fat: 202g Saturated Fat: 120g Trans Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 991mg Sodium: 344mg Carbohydrates: 520g Fiber: 32g Sugar: 353g Protein: 67g