M&M Brownie Cookies
M&M brownie cookies are soft chocolate cookies, full of M&M candies. This recipe is perfect to make with leftover Halloween candy!
This Recipe for M&M Cookies is a family favorite. It combines their love of fudgy cookies and their M&M addiction!
Why You Must Make
- These are perfect for leftover Halloween candy!!
- They’re not as messy as brownies so perfect for lunchboxes and snacks.
- You can swap out the M&Ms for any seasonal version to make holiday cookies!
We get oodles of trick-or-treaters at our door. I love to buy a variety of full-sized candy bars. And when my kids were little, I let them select one for themselves before the doorbell started ringing. Katie and Tom would choose Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Nick was more likely to pick Skittles.
The hubby, my 4th kid, liked to confiscate some M&M’s or 3 Musketeers Bars. And I liked to set aside some of the candy that works well in cookies, and here’s where I reach for the M&M’s, too.
- This cookie dough may need some time to firm up, especially if you make it in the summer when your kitchen is warm.
- Once the dough is scoopable, use a cookie disher to scoop out evenly sized dough balls. This ensures the cookies will all be done baking at the same time.
- When making M&M cookies, reserve a few to add to the top of the cookies immediately after they come out of the oven for a prettier presentation.
- Be careful when adding more candy to hot cookies as the pan is also very hot.
What to Do with Leftover Halloween Candy
- Add chopped candy bars or M&Ms to any favorite cookie dough instead of nuts or chocolate chips and bake as directed.
- Or do the same with a cookie bar recipe.
- My Easter Cookie Cake can be made with leftover candy, too. Just make sure that the candy you choose tastes good together. You wouldn’t want to use York Peppermint Patties with Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. At least I wouldn’t!
Frequently Asked Questions
This happens when the butter and chocolate are still too warm. Let the dough rest until it’s thick enough to scoop out nice mounds of dough with a cookie disher.
The original recipe used semisweet chocolate chips, so that’s an easy alternative. White chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, mint chips, etc. will also work well.
Hold back some of the M&Ms as too many will make it hard to get nice dough balls.
Use a cookie disher for even-sized cookies.
With a damp finger, gently tap the dough mounds so they are nicely rounded.
After the cookies come out of the oven, while hot and pliable, use your spatula to tap the baked cookies into nice rounds. If the cookies are sticking to the spatula, spray it with a non-stick cooking spray like Pam
You May Also Like:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Classic Monster Cookies
- Fudgy Brownies with M&Ms
- Brown Butter Toffee Cookies
- Classic M & M Cookies
- Brown Butter M&M Cookies
- More of the Best Cookie Recipes
M&M Brownie Cookies
M&M brownie cookies are soft chocolate cookies, full of M&M's candies.
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups M&M's (plus more to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl, starting with 60 seconds, stirring, then heating and stirring in 30-second increments until smooth.
- Add sugar; mix well. Add the eggs and mix until combined. Add the vanilla.
- Add the flour and mix until incorporated. Add the M&M's and mix until well distributed.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. The centers should still look underbaked.
- If desired, immediately press a few M&M's into hot cookies to garnish.
- Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
If you want perfectly round cookies, use a spatula and carefully tap the hot out of the oven cookies into rounder shapes.
Adapted from recipe by Caprial Pence.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4127Total Fat: 202gSaturated Fat: 120gTrans Fat: 4gCholesterol: 991mgSodium: 344mgCarbohydrates: 520gFiber: 32gSugar: 353gProtein: 67g
48 Comments on “M&M Brownie Cookies”
Everyone at my house loved these cookies! Can’t wait to make them again!
So good! Perfectly rich and chewy and so chocolatey!
I love M&Ms in cookies and brownies, and I especially love how they look sprinkled on top! Great Chocolate Party recipe!
Brownie cookies are so good. I could gobble a few down right now.
I wish there was a house like yours when I was growing up. I bet you get so many because the word is out with the full sized candy treats. I am expecting lots of kids this year in the house. I am so excited. I hope I don’t run out of candy!
I have some m&ms downstairs that would go beautifully in these. Perfect for my father-in-law to come home to.
These will be gone in seconds in my house. They are absolutely gorgeous!
Liz they look so good! I love M&M cookies of all kinds. These are so fudgy and great looking!