A speedy, comforting Italian Sausage and Pasta Soup that’s perfect for those chilly winter nights. Loads of flavor in every delicious bite!
Italian Sausage and Pasta Soup
This quick, healthy and flavorful Italian Sausage and Pasta soup recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight. My friend, Kim, is always testing new recipes, and this one has been a hit with everyone who’s sampled it. I typically have all ingredients on hand except for the fresh spinach, and this easy soup recipe can be on the table in less than an hour!
I turn to my easy black bean chili, white chicken chili and this easy sausage soup when I need to warm my bones from the inside out. The prep is simple, just saute the sausage, then the veggies, add a can of diced tomatoes, white beans and chicken broth.
Once the broth comes to a boil, add the pasta and cook until al dente. The spinach only needs a minute to wilt and, voila, dinner is served. Pass some grated Parmesan for a boost of flavor, if desired!
More Easy Soups You’ll Love:
Fall and winter mean busy schedules. School is in session and spare time is limited with homework and after-school activities. A bowl of soup and homemade biscuits or corn muffins is a wonderful, fulfilling meal.
- Easy Hamburger Soup from Spend with Pennies
- Easy Pizza Soup from Inside BruCrew Life
- Easy Meatball Soup with Orzo from Rachel Cooks
- Sausage Pepper and Bean Soup
- Thyme Kissed Tomato Soup
- Beef Mushroom Soup with Barley
- More Soup Recipes
- 1 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage links, sliced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chop or slice
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken broth, I like Pacific brand
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 15-ounce cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups pasta shells or orecchiette
- 5 ounces baby spinach, slightly chopped if needed
- Salt and pepper to taste (I didn't need any extra salt)
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
Saute sausages in a Dutch oven until browned. Discard excess fat.Add carrots, celery, onion, red bell pepper, and garlic. Saute till onion is limp and translucent.
Add broth, basil, tomatoes with juice and beans. Bring to a boil. Add pasta, reduce heat and simmer till pasta tender.
Skim any excess fat. Stir in spinach and cook till wilted, about 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with Parmesan.
Adapted from my friend, Kim S.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 605Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 2484mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 9gSugar: 9gProtein: 35g