This White Chicken Chili is a spicy and comforting dinner to enjoy at half time or on any chilly evening. It’s a terrific game day chili option featuring chicken and cannellini beans!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. I earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links. This helps me keep my kitchen stocked with butter and chocolate!
White Chicken Chili: A Family Favorite from Way Back
I bumped into a mom of one of Tom’s grade school classmates at an event recently. She pulled me aside and thanked me for sharing my white chicken chili in the school cookbook years ago, as it had become one of her family’s favorite soups.
For years, this Black Bean Chili was my go-to recipe, but this white chicken chili recipe is a bit lighter and just as delicious! It was due for some tweaking and after approval from the hubby, it was ready to share with you all.
Spicier that my original, I was afraid Bill would call it a 3-alarm chili, AKA “I need 3 beers to wash it down!” But a little dollop of sour cream was the perfect antidote. Feel free to up the red pepper flakes if you want a fiery soup, we have tender palates in this household. Well, one of us does. This is perfect on a chilly winter night or on game day. Give it a try!
You may need these supplies to make this white chicken chili recipe:
More Chili Recipes You’ll Love:
- Hearty Pepper Chili from Barefeet in the Kitchen
- Chili Blanca from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili from Spend with Pennies
- Chicken and Bell Pepper Chili from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 20 Chili Recipes to Cozy Up to This Fall from Foodie Crush
White Chicken Chili
A terrific game day chili featuring chicken and white beans.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Cuisine: Entree, Soup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounce can chopped green chiles
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 4 cups cooked and chopped chicken
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- Green onions, Monterey jack cheese, sour cream, chopped tomatoes, cilantro to garnish, optional
- Cook onions in oil till soft. Add garlic and saute for a minute or so. Add chiles, beans, chicken broth, spices and chicken and simmer for 30 minutes. Add spinach and cook till wilted.
- Serve with garnishes of your choice.
- Calories: 643kcal
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 802mg
- Fat: 32g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 45g
- Cholesterol: 116mg
I’m offering a series of Skinny Tips. How I keep slim is one of my most frequent inquiries. I’m featuring some of my past tips to help you start 2015 on a healthy note. Click on the #SkinnyTip tag at the end of this post to see all my previous tips.
Tip #55: I eat numerous times a day. Squeezing in a healthy snack between meals helps stave off intense hunger pangs which can lead to overeating.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. I earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links at no extra cost to you.