Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon: a simple marinade and grilling on a cedar plank make this salmon totally unforgettable!
Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon
I first tried this fantastic salmon preparation about about a month into my blogging career. Some kind soul “stumbled” my post and I got hundreds of hits versus the usual 10 or so views I had been getting. I figured that alone signaled this recipe bears reposting! This Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon is cooked on a thin cedar board that can be found at most supermarkets.
How to Grill Using a Cedar Plank
The cedar plank board is soaked in water for a few hours, then preheated on the grill before the marinated fish is placed upon it. The cedar imparts a faint woodsy flavor which remind me of the scent of the pine forests we hike through when transitioning to higher elevations in Colorado.
The soy based marinade is made with all pantry ingredients except for a wee squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Part of it is reserved and reduced to drizzle on the salmon after cooking. Don’t skip that step!
An Easy, Elegant Grilled Salmon Recipe
First cooked for a family dinner to rave reviews, I realized it was perfect for company. I love to focus on a rich dessert, so an easy entree is the key to balancing out the menu so you’re not stuck in the kitchen all day long!
So test it out on your family first, and if you love it as much as we do, you’ll want to fire up the grill and make this scrumptious salmon for your next dinner party.Print
Cedar Planked Salmon
A simple, delicious salmon recipe cooked on a cedar plank.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Entree, Seafood
- Method: Grilled
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons, dry white wine (I used Gallo Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 salmon fillets
- Combine the first six ingredients. Reserve half this marinade for later use.
- Marinate salmon for 20-30 minutes.Soak cedar plank in water about 30 minutes.
- Preheat plank on grill. Grill salmon on plank about 8-10 minutes with the lid on or to desired doneness. For glaze, take reserved marinade and simmer in saucepan till reduced by half. Place salmon on serving platter and cover with glaze.
Total time: about an hour if using charcoal grill
Summer BBQ Party with my Sunday Supper friends
Thanks to Melanie, of Melanie Makes, for hosting us this week!
- Best Wines For A Summer BBQ Party from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
- Grilled Peach and Cinnamon Whiskey Sour from Peaceful Cooking
- How To Make Fresh Squeezed Lemonade from Life Tastes Good
- Pineapple Margaritas from The Messy Baker
- Stone Fruit Sangria from Because I Like Chocolate
- Strawberry Lemonade from Basic N Delicious
- BBQ Stuffed Calimari from Jane’s Adventure in Dinner
Sides and Accompaniments
- Cucumber Salad with Blackberry Browned Butter Vinaigrette from Nik Snacks
- Easy Fruity Salad from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Lime Butter from The Redhead Baker
- Jacques’ Cucumber Salad with Onions from Food Lust People Love
- Mango Peanut Slaw from The Texan New Yorker
- Mom’s Classic Macaroni Salad from Webicurean
- Roasted Strawberry BBQ Sauce from Bobby’s Kozy Kitchen
- Two Tomato Chutney from What Smells So Good?
- Asian-Style Pasta with Gochujang Peanut Sauce from Wallflour Girl
- Barbecue Ribs from girlichef
- BBQ Stuffed Peppers from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Bistecca from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Competition Baby Back Ribs with Apple-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Clams with Chorizo from Noshing With The Nolands
- Grilled Sanma from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Basil from Nosh My Way
- Grilled Swordfish and Eggplant with Fusilli and Tomatoes from Cooking Chat
- Grilled Wings from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Oregano Spatchcock Chicken from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mango Beef Kebabs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Steak Skewers with Chimichurri from Jelly Toast
- Sweet and Tangy Blueberry BBQ Chicken Pizza from Simply Gourmet
- Amazing S’mores 7-Layer Bars from Flavor Mosaic
- Banana Pudding Pie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blackberry Cake from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Blueberry and Raspberry Galette from Rhubarb and Honey
- Farm Stand Blackberry Buckle from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Grilled Peach Crumble from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone Cream and Sweet Balsamic Syrup from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Hot Fudge Ice Cream Pie from Melanie Makes
- Lemon Ricotta Bars from The Foodie Army Wife
- Old Fashioned Sour Cherry Pie from Pies and Plots
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- S’mores Chocolate Cookie Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips