Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon: a simple marinade and grilling on a cedar plank make this salmon totally unforgettable! Perfect for a summer BBQ!
Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon
I first tried this fantastic salmon preparation about about a month into my blogging career. Some kind soul “stumbled” my post and I got hundreds of hits versus the usual 10 or so views I had been getting. I figured that alone signaled this recipe bears reposting! This Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon is cooked on a thin cedar board that can be found at most supermarkets.
How to Grill Using a Cedar Plank
The cedar plank board is soaked in water for a few hours, then preheated on the grill before the marinated fish is placed upon it. The cedar imparts a faint woodsy flavor which remind me of the scent of the pine forests we hike through when transitioning to higher elevations in Colorado.
The soy based marinade is made with all pantry ingredients except for a wee squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Part of it is reserved and reduced to drizzle on the salmon after cooking. Don’t skip that step!
An Easy, Elegant Grilled Salmon Recipe
First cooked for a family dinner to rave reviews, I realized it was perfect for company. I love to focus on a rich dessert, so an easy entree is the key to balancing out the menu so you’re not stuck in the kitchen all day long!
So test it out on your family first, and if you love it as much as we do, you’ll want to fire up the grill and make this scrumptious salmon for your next dinner party.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons, dry white wine (I used Gallo Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 salmon fillets
- Combine the first six ingredients. Reserve half this marinade for later use.
- Marinate salmon for 20-30 minutes.Soak cedar plank in water about 30 minutes.
- Preheat plank on grill. Grill salmon on plank about 8-10 minutes with the lid on or to desired doneness. For glaze, take reserved marinade and simmer in saucepan till reduced by half. Place salmon on serving platter and cover with glaze.
Summer BBQ Party Recipes
Thanks to Melanie, of Melanie Makes, for hosting us this week!
- How To Make Fresh Squeezed Lemonade from Life Tastes Good
Sides and Accompaniments
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Lime Butter from The Redhead Baker
- Jacques’ Cucumber Salad with Onions from Food Lust People Love
- Roasted Strawberry BBQ Sauce from Bobby’s Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Clams with Chorizo from Noshing With The Nolands
- Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Basil from Nosh My Wayed Wings from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Steak Skewers with Chimichurri from Jelly Toast
- Amazing S’mores 7-Layer Bars from Flavor Mosaic
- Farm Stand Blackberry Buckle from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone Cream and Sweet Balsamic Syrup from La Bella Vita Cucina
- S’mores Chocolate Cookie Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips