Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon: a simple marinade and grilling on a cedar plank make this salmon totally unforgettable! Perfect for a summer BBQ!
Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon
I first tried this fantastic salmon preparation about a month into my blogging career. Some kind soul “stumbled” my post and I got hundreds of hits versus the usual 10 or so views I had been getting. I figured that alone signaled this recipe bears reposting! This Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon is cooked on a thin cedar board that can be found at most supermarkets.
How to Grill Using a Cedar Plank
The cedar plank board is soaked in water for a few hours, then preheated on the grill before the marinated fish is placed upon it. The cedar imparts a faint woodsy flavor which reminds me of the scent of the pine forests we hike through when transitioning to higher elevations in Colorado.
The soy-based marinade is made with all pantry ingredients except for a wee squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Part of it is reserved and reduced to drizzle on the salmon after cooking. Don’t skip that step!
An Easy, Elegant Grilled Salmon Recipe
First cooked for a family dinner to rave reviews, I realized it was perfect for company. I love to focus on a rich dessert, so an easy entree is a key to balancing out the menu so you’re not stuck in the kitchen all day long!
So test it out on your family first, and if you love it as much as we do, you’ll want to fire up the grill and make this scrumptious salmon for your next dinner party.
More Seafood Recipes You’ll Love:
- Crispy Coconut Shrimp from Creative Culinary
- Soft Shell Salmon Tacos
- Shrimp Fajitas
- Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp
- Homemade Tuna Casserole
- Plus 75+ More Seafood Recipes
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons, dry white wine (I used Gallo Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 salmon fillets
- Combine the first six ingredients. Reserve half this marinade for later use.
- Marinate salmon for 20-30 minutes.Soak cedar plank in water about 30 minutes.
- Preheat plank on grill. Grill salmon on plank about 8-10 minutes with the lid on or to desired doneness. For glaze, take reserved marinade and simmer in saucepan till reduced by half. Place salmon on serving platter and cover with glaze.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 633Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 579mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 51g