Chicken with Broccoli, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Bow Tie Pasta is a speedy weeknight meal. It’s sure to win over your family!
If you need a quick, flavorful entree idea, this easy pasta dinner recipe will hit the spot! When I’m uninspired and ask the hubby what I should make, this pasta recipe is his answer 99% of the time!
Chicken with Broccoli, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Bow Tie Pasta
With kids going back to school or packing up for college, time is short. Quick and easy dinners are almost a given. I copied this recipe for Chicken with Broccoli, Sun-dried Tomatoes, and Bow Tie Pasta on a scrap of paper nearly two decades ago while watching a cooking segment on a talk show. It’s morphed a bit through the years.
This time of year, meals that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less are definitely in demand. This easy chicken pasta recipe definitely fits the bill. All you need is a loaf of crusty bread and your meal is complete. Make sure to scroll down to below check out more of my favorite easy dinner recipes!
Easy Chicken Pasta Recipe
To speed up production, start prepping your chicken and broccoli while bringing the pasta water to a boil. While the pasta is cooking, you can sauté the chicken et al, then patiently wait for both components to finish up. It won’t take long.
There are no exact measurements. You can use the whole box of pasta, more or less broccoli, or amp up the red pepper flakes. Every ingredient can be increased or decreased according to your preferences. I’ll give a general recipe and you can tweak away. This Easy Chicken with Broccoli is my youngest’s favorite pasta meal. He doesn’t need to know it’s a no-brainer!
PRO-Tip: I always cook pasta in well-salted water; it should taste briny like the ocean. The end result will be much tastier.
The Mealthy Stainless Steel Frying Pan
If you’re in the market for a new frying pan, this 10-inch Mealthy Stainless Steel Frying Pan is a terrific option. Let me tell you about some of its wonderful features:
First of all, it comes with a lifetime warranty and satisfaction guarantee, except when it’s damaged by misuse or abuse. I love how they thoroughly stand by their products.
The best feature of this pan, in my opinion, is that is completely dishwasher safe. Of course, you can wash it by hand, but I’m SO over that! It’s also compatible with ceramic, gas, electric, and induction burners. When we were remodeling our kitchen, I had an induction burner in my makeshift kitchen. SO many of my pans would not work with it, so this a terrific feature.
Another update from the rest of my stainless steel cookware is that the ergonomic stainless steel handle stays cool during stovetop cooking! This frying pan is made of 3 mm thick, 5 layer composite which makes for a marvelous cooking experience. The stainless steel protects from corrosion and the aluminum core allows for even heating and temperature retention.
Note that this pan does not come with a lid. If you’re like me, you have numerous sized lids for other pots and pans, and I used one of those when needed with this Mealthy frying pan.
If you’re used to cooking on non-stick pans, there is a learning curve when using stainless steel. Add COLD oil to a HOT pan and when the oil is hot and starts to ripple, you can add your ingredients.
Note: I was given a Mealthy frying pan to review. All opinions are mine alone.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
Don’t forget to pin to your dinner board or meal planning Pinterest board. And follow my Meat, BBQ and Entree board for more inspiration! What is your favorite easy, go-to dinner recipe? This chicken with broccoli rates high on my list!
- 25 Easy Dinner Recipes from Real Housemoms
- Chicken Crescent Squares from Life Currents
- Chicken with Artichokes and Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Sun-dried Tomato and Sausage Pasta
- Penne alla Vodka
- Easy Italian Sausage and Peppers Sandwiches
- Easy Black Bean Chili
- Spicy Shrimp Fajitas
- More Entree Recipes
This family favorite entree was first shared in August 2012. The text and photos were updated in 2019.
- 8 + ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes or strips
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato halves*, cut into strips (or use julienned sun-dried tomatoes for quicker prep)
- 1/4 cup white wine or vermouth
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 heads of broccoli, stems removed and cut into florets
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta, drain and toss with butter.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in large saucepan. Add chicken, garlic, seasonings and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook until chicken is nearly cooked through and lightly browned. Add wine and allow to reduce slightly. Add chicken broth, then broccoli florets. Cover and let steam for 3-4 minutes, stir, then cook till broccoli is tender, but still bright green. Add bow ties and toss so that juices coat pasta.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g