Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is a perpetual favorite! Perfect for your next brunch!
This layered breakfast treat is my go-to for overnight company, bringing to coffees and even friends who need a pick me up. This Sour Cream Coffee Cake is sweet and tender, and topped with a luscious layer of cream cheese, then jam as well as streusel and nuts. The picky hubby happily removes the almonds so he can indulge!
Why You Should Make this Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe
My sister, Maddy, flew in from Denver for the weekend. She’s an accomplished artist (why did that gene bypass me???) who now is making exquisite jewelry out of vintage pieces. I had an open house featuring her creations. Of course, I had to cook up a storm. This Sour Cream Coffee Cake was one of the highlights.
- The slices with a ribbon of red jam are beautiful!
- The combination of the tender, sour cream coffee cake base, the sweet cream cheese filling, raspberry jam, streusel, and nuts is hard to beat!
- It’s a recipe that everyone always wants after only a bite or two,
Tips for Making the Best Coffee Cake Recipe
I turn to this coffee cake recipe whenever I need a showstopping coffee, breakfast or brunch dish. I’ve made it for numerous coffees, for grieving friends and for a special treat at home. The moist sour cream cake base was filled with a sweetened cream cheese filling, a ribbon of raspberry jam, then streusel and almonds. Need I say more?
- If your family doesn’t like raspberries, feel free to fill this coffee cake with your favorite flavored jam. Any fruit or berry jam would work well. For a Blueberry Coffee Cake, just replace the raspberry jam with blueberry jam!
- Leave off the nuts if there’s an allergy or someone you’ll be feeding does not like nuts.
- Have your cream cheese at room temperature for easy blending and the smoothest filling.
- PRO-Tip: If you forget to set it out on the counter in advance, remove the box, but leave on the foil wrapping and place cream cheese brick in a bowl of warm water to take the chill off.
- PRO-Tip: Toast your nuts to heat the nut oils and bring out their flavor. You can place them in a saute pan and gently warm, shaking the pan frequently and watching carefully. They can burn easily.
- Alternatively, toast them on a sheet pan in the oven at 350º for about 5 minutes or until fragrant and slightly browned.
Your family and friends will be lining up for this Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake recipe. I promise!!!
More Coffee Cake Recipes You’ll Love:
- Blueberry Pecan Coffee Cake from Inside BruCrew Life
- Lemon Foldover Coffee Cake from Your Homebased Mom
- Red Velvet Coffee Cake from Back for Seconds
- Sara Lee Butter Streusel Copycat Recipe
- Streusel Coffeecake Pound Cake
- Apple Ginger Coffee Cake
- More Brunch Recipes
- 9-inch Springform Pan (use to make this coffee cake, cheesecakes, my grasshopper pie, and more!)
- OXO Pastry Blender and Cutter (perfect for making streusel toppings!)
- 10-Piece Mixing Bowl Set (every kitchen needs a set of mixing bowls)
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Remove 1 cup and set aside. To the remaining crumbs, add baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix in the sour cream, egg and almond extract. Spread in the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese, sugar and egg in a small bowl until blended. Pour over batter. Spoon raspberry jam on top. Sprinkle with almonds and reserved crumbs.
- Bake at 350º for 55-60 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes. Run knife around edge of pan to loosen, then remove side to serve.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 281mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 5g