White Chocolate Monster Munch or Halloween Chex Mix is made of cereal, salty nuts, pretzels plus M&M’s tossed in white chocolate for a Halloween treat!
This seasonal Chex Mix Recipe is perfect for Halloween, game day or any gathering.
White Chocolate Monster Munch
Everyone in Indianapolis knows about this recipe, it’s the White Chocolate Party Mix featured in our Jr. League cookbook, Winners. I’ve tweaked this “White Chocolate Monster Munch” so all my favorites are in this version of the medley: Rice Chex, pretzels, cashews and M&M’s.
But basically, you can add whatever cereal, nut or candy that you’d like. The original also calls for Corn Chex, Cheerios and dry roasted peanuts.
I think I’d eat shoe leather if it was covered in white chocolate, so I’m always thrilled when I get a generous bagful at Christmas from my neighbors. Made with red and green M&M’s makes it extra festive for a holiday hostess gift.
Halloween Chex Mix
With this Halloween Chex Mix AKA White Chocolate Monster Munch, I used Autumn colored milk chocolate M&M’s, but the classic would work fine, too. Revert back to peanuts instead of cashews if that’s your preference. Throwing in some candy corn would be another perfect autumnal ingredient and would definitely mark this as a Halloween treat.
More Halloween Recipes You’ll Love:
- Monster and Mummy Cupcakes by Hip Foodie Mom
- Candy Corn Cupcakes
- Spiderweb Cookie Cake
- Spider Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Witches Fingers Cookies
- Easy Mummy Cupcakes
- Spiderweb Cupcakes
- Halloween Creme Brulee
- 20+Halloween Treats
- More Best Holiday Recipes
- More Snack Recipes
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- 4 1/2 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup pretzels (sticks or snaps)
- 1 cup cashews (I used salted)
- 1 cup M&M's (I used autumn colored classic M&M's)
- Carefully melt white chocolate in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds till smooth. Set aside.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and slowly pour over melted white chocolate and gently stir to coat. Spread mix onto wax or parchment paper and let cool.
- Break into small pieces. Refrigerate to keep fresh.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 176mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 4g