Cereal, salty nuts and pretzels plus M&M’s tossed in white chocolate make an irresistible party treat! This White Chocolate Monster Munch AKA Halloween Chex Mix is perfect for Halloween, game day or any gathering.
White Chocolate Monster Munch
Everyone in Indianapolis knows about this recipe, it’s the White Chocolate Party Mix featured in our Jr. League cookbook, Winners. I’ve tweaked this “White Chocolate Monster Munch” so all my favorites are in this version of the medley: Rice Chex, pretzels, cashews and M&M’s.
But basically, you can add whatever cereal, nut or candy that you’d like. The original also calls for Corn Chex, Cheerios and dry roasted peanuts.
I think I’d eat shoe leather if it was covered in white chocolate, so I’m always thrilled when I get a generous bagful at Christmas from my neighbors. Made with red and green M&M’s makes it extra festive for a holiday hostess gift.
Halloween Chex Mix
With this Halloween Chex Mix AKA White Chocolate Monster Munch, I used Autumn colored milk chocolate M&M’s, but the classic would work fine, too. Revert back to peanuts instead of cashews if that’s your preference. Throwing in some candy corn would be another perfect autumnal ingredient and would definitely mark this as a Halloween treat.
Fabulous Halloween Recipes!
You have just a few days left to whip up some wonderful and even spooky concoctions for the holiday. Scroll down to see what creative dishes everyone brought to the table.Print
White Chocolate Monster Munch
This monster munch is a perfect Halloween snack. Or serve it on game day for an irresistible treat. Adapted from Winners, an Indianapolis Jr. League cookbook
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Total Time: 16 minutes
- Yield: 8 cups 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Mixing, Microwaving
- Cuisine: American
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- 4 1/2 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup pretzels (sticks or snaps)
- 1 cup cashews (I used salted)
- 1 cup M&M’s (I used autumn colored classic M&M’s)
- Carefully melt white chocolate in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds till smooth. Set aside.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and slowly pour over melted white chocolate and gently stir to coat. Spread mix onto wax or parchment paper and let cool.
- Break into small pieces. Refrigerate to keep fresh.
More Fabulous Halloween Recipes!
You have just a few days left to whip up some wonderful and even spooky concoctions for the holiday. Scroll down to see what creative dishes some of my blogger friends brought to the table.
- Bloody Mary by La Cocina de Leslie
- Head Will Roll Cocktail by Noshing with The Nolands
- Wicked Sangria by The Messy Baker
SWEETS AND DESSERTS
- Snickers Fudge by I Run for Wine
- White Chocolate Monster Munch AKA Halloween Chex Mix by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Soft and Chewy Chocolate Candies by What Smells So Good?
- Candy Corn Puppy Chow by Pies and Plots
- Pumpkin Dirt Pudding Graveyard Parfaits by Neighborfood
- Candied Pumpkin (Calabaza en Tacha) by Magnolia Days
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups by The Texan New Yorker
- Jack Skellington Oreo Pops by Big Bear’s Wife
- Halloween Crunch Truffles by The Weekend Gourmet
- Frozen “Boo” Nana Pops by Momma’s Meals
CUPCAKES, COOKIES AND MORE
- Bourbon Caramel Glazed Pumpkin Donuts by Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Candy Corn White Chocolate Pretzels by Alida’s Kitchen
- Soft Apple Cider Cookies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Cinnamon Rolls à la Great Pumpkin by Ninja Baking
- Trick or Beet Brownies by Foxes Love Lemons
- Caramel Surprise Witches’ hat Cupcakes by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Dark and Stormy Gingerbread by girlichef
- Monster and Mummy Cupcakes by Hip Foodie Mom
- Pumpkin Cut-out Cookies by Take A Bite Out Of Boca
- Easy Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes by The Dinner-Mom
- Zombie Cupcakes by Treats & Trinkets
APPETIZER, MAIN MEALS
- Shrek’s Dirty Q-tips by Shockingly Delicious
- Green Tomato Chilli by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- It’s the Great Stuffed Pumpkin by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Mummy Calzone by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pumpkin Soup by Juanita’s Cocina
- Pizza Bones by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sincere Pumpkin Patch Spicy Cheese Ball by Food Lust People Love
- Spooky Stew by Happy Baking Days
- Bloody Rice by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Ghost Flatbread Pizzas by Family Foodie
- Witch Hats by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures